Ultra DeFrag

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Reluctantly I've uninstalled Adguard Premium and returned to uBlock Origin.I really wanted to like it but I just couldn't get on with it. A much heavier load than uBlock Origin, pages didn't load as quickly, and not very user friendly either. There were lots of niggling problems too, especially with Firefox, such as various sites not loading, youtube not working in full screen etc. A lot were to do with certification issues but after a while I got fed up having to rectify this. Just too much hassle.

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Another thing I didn't like about Adguard Premium was it wasn't that easy to see exactly what it was doing. One of the great things about uBlock Origin is it's so transparent and easy to follow, especially with Advanced User mode enabled. For any site you can see simply and clearly in one table everything uBlock Origin is doing, what it's allowed and what it's blocked, so it's very easy to configure or troubleshoot. With Adguard it was a much more complex business.

Adguard Premium may give more overall security, but I think this is outweighed by uBlock Origin's superior user-friendliness, configurability and speed. Of course this is just my experience of it. Others may have fared differently with it.

Last edited:

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Added Bitdefender TrafficLight extension. Also have Web Of Trust selected in DuckDuckGo's custom settings.

Reactions: Logethica

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Added Zemana AntiMalware Premium - the rebranded Watchdog version to be precise, but I've put Zemana in my config so people know what it actually is. RAM a bit higher than I'd like for the 2 processes - about 87 MB total, but fairly light CPU.

Also got rid of Bitdefender TrafficLight extension. Read a few independent tests which didn't think much of it. Back to good old Web Of Trust.

Reactions: Logethica

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.