United Kingdom, Australia and Canada: Say Hello to Lookout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
United Kingdom, Australia and Canada: Say Hello to Lookout!

Now smartphone users in the United Kingdom, Australia and Canada have access to a regionally adapted app that offers the same high-quality security, find-my-phone, data backup and data restore features that people in the U.S. have come to count on. And this is just the beginning.

As part of going international, we’ve also joined forces with Telstra, our first overseas mobile carrier partnership, as their exclusive mobile security partner. Telstra customers can easily download Lookout from within Telstra Aisle or by accessing the Telstra tab within the Android Market.

Read more

I may have read that it may come pre-embedded. Not sure.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I'll stick to my Dr.Web but thanks for the notice Earth.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Though I do recommend taking a look at Lookout Mobile Security, scroll to bottom to see Free vs Premium comparison:
https://www.mylookout.com/premium

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I have used this before and the phone that I have it slows it down with Lookout, so that is why I have and still am using Dr. Web. Had no problems with it and no slow down at all. So I think I will stick to Dr. Web.

D

Deleted member 178

using Vipre beta, SD scan, RT Scan (Sms, etc...), Anti-theft (Geo localization, Wipe/lock, etc...), "online" backup/restore features, use 3% of my battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.