Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Found via XDA:
If Samsung Flow can be used to remotely unlock your Windows PC from a Samsung phone, why can’t any other third-party app? That’s exactly the question that XDA Member Andrew-X asked himself, and after months of work, he came up with a solution. He created an app called Remote Fingerprint Unlock which lets you unlock any Windows PC via the fingerprint scanner on your Android smartphone.

Is it safe to use?
I understand that some of you may be wary of installing a Windows application such as this. While I can’t guarantee that the app is safe to use since it isn’t open source, I do believe that the developer is trustworthy after having run it through various malware analysis tools and asking the developer to address what issues the tools picked up on. I’ll quote our conversation below so you can decide for yourself.
Read more: Remotely Unlock Your Windows PC via Fingerprint Scanner on Android

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Google Play Store: Remote Fingerprint Unlock by Rusu Andrei (XDA Profile)

Remotely and securely unlock your Windows PC using your Android’s fingerprint sensor.
For the application to work, you need to install the Fingerprint Credential Provider module on your Windows PC (Windows Vista/7/8/10). Please choose the corresponding version: x64 for 64-bit or x86 for 32-bit Windows installations.

Read Me: F.A.Q. - Remote Fingerprint Unlock

Features:
  • Simple, user-friendly UI
  • Secure
  • Local and online Microsoft account support
  • Dark UI
  • Wi-Fi Tethering support
PRO features:
  • Ads removal
  • Adding multiple computers
  • Adding multiple accounts per computer
  • Wake-On-Lan
  • Unlock widget (will be added shortly after launch)
  • More planned features;
    • Linux support
    • Lock a computer with the app
    • Being notified when one of your computers wakes up
    • Bluetooth support
    • Timed unlock

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Looks promising.

Edit: On second thoughts.. xD

~LDogg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.