update re H_C settings and youtube comments

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
The other day in another thread (now closed), I posted a comment that after enabling H_C firewall hardening, I was somehow blocked from posting comments on youtube. Since H_C was the only change to my pc, I thought that was most likely the problem, unless I was being blocked by youtube. Turns out neither was the case. For reasons I don't understand, this problem can occur with your browser, I was using Edge at the time, if you clear your browser cache, it should clear up this issue, I did that, and I was able to post again at youtube. Updating here as it had NOTHING to do with H_C. Sorry about any confusion.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
The other day in another thread (now closed), I posted a comment that after enabling H_C firewall hardening, I was somehow blocked from posting comments on youtube. Since H_C was the only change to my pc, I thought that was most likely the problem, unless I was being blocked by youtube. Turns out neither was the case. For reasons I don't understand, this problem can occur with your browser, I was using Edge at the time, if you clear your browser cache, it should clear up this issue, I did that, and I was able to post again at youtube. Updating here as it had NOTHING to do with H_C. Sorry about any confusion.
H_C cannot block anything in the running web browser, except (very rarely) some extensions that try to run scripts from the user space. All such events are easily visible after using <Tools><Blocked events / Security Logs>.
If someone suspects that H_C is a source of silent problems, then the best solution is to use the green buttons:
<Switch OFF/ON SRP> and <Switch ON/OFF Restrictions>. This will turn off the restrictions temporarily and these buttons change color to blue. Next, one can inactivate FirewallHardening rules, apply Defender Default Settings, and restart Windows. If the issue is still present then H_C is not involved.

F

ForgottenSeer 95367

H_C cannot block anything in the running web browser, except (very rarely) some extensions that try to run scripts from the user space. All such events are easily visible after using <Tools><Blocked events / Security Logs>.
If someone suspects that H_C is a source of silent problems, then the best solution is to use the green buttons:
<Switch OFF/ON SRP> and <Switch ON/OFF Restrictions>. This will turn off the restrictions temporarily and these buttons change color to blue. Next, one can inactivate FirewallHardening rules, apply Defender Default Settings, and restart Windows. If the issue is still present then H_C is not involved.
Troubleshooting = a process of elimination.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017
What does block AppInstaller does on More SRP restrictions section? When I click help it is blank!

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
What does block AppInstaller does on More SRP restrictions section? When I click help it is blank!
Which help? If you mean the help button on the right of the <Block Appinstaller> option, then something wrong is with your H_C installation. Do other help buttons work?

Post edited.

Last edited:
Reactions: simmerskool

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017
Which help? If you mean the help button on the right of the <Block Appinstaller> option, then something wrong is with your H_C installation. Do other help buttons work?

Post edited.
yea other help buttons work, only this one doesn't show the explanation!

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
yea other help buttons work, only this one doesn't show the explanation!

Does exist the below file on your computer?
c:\Windows\Hard_Configurator\HELP\HelpBlockAppInstaller.txt

If so, then what is its content?

Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.