New Update Upgraded Lucid Mode here to ward off the Winter Blues

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

None of us want such bleakness compounded by the odium of poor video quality, which has been proven to cause negative emotional responses in viewers. That’s why, just in time for the short days of December, we’ve improved our Lucid Mode – a feature that provides videos with better-than-ever brightness, sharpness, and clarity. Not only has the underlying technology been upgraded – resulting in better browser performance and battery life – but you can now control the extent of video enhancement within Settings. Once you configure the video quality to your specifications, you can – by hovering on the Lucid Mode button on any video – click a slider that allows you to see the crispness boosted in real time.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
lol...S.D.D. standard definition disorder. An entertaining video that got the idea across :)

Just a couple of image examples they showed, along with the settings as per this year-old article.

I'm not sure I would use Opera just for that. Maybe there is some tweaking that could be done in the Windows Display settings, which would affect everything, or the graphic card settings, especially with Nvidia?

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Maybe there is some tweaking that could be done in the Windows Display settings, which would affect everything, or the graphic card settings, especially with Nvidia?
You already can, enable this inside Nvidia Control Panel. And in case your PC has more than 1 GPUs make sure app is running using Nvidia GPU.
1701896161514.png
PS supported apps include for example Edge, Chrome, PotPlayer, VLC (iirc special version with support included not sure about stable release), etc.

Edit: Requires Nvidia 3000 2000 series & above.

Last edited:

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
You already can, enable this inside Nvidia Control Panel. And in case your PC has more than 1 GPUs make sure app is running using Nvidia GPU.
PS supported apps include for example Edge, Chrome, PotPlayer, VLC (iirc special version with support included not sure about stable release), etc.

Thank you, @brambedkar59 as I couldn't test that out on this notebook.

2023-12-06_15-01-50.png

But that's what I was thinking regarding my desktops with Nvidia cards :)

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.