Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 22, 2012
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
No signal from pc although turned on
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Nothing
Got a new mobo today for my old pc (gigabyte ga d2p in) micro atx....... When i connect it to the pc components , the mobo turned on but there was no display signal... the mobo had 24 pin power supply plug n my psu (180w atx) was 20 pinned, still i don't think dat could be the problem coz i searched google it is not an issue (not sure) .... when i reverted to the old intel mobo, it too stopped responding... Is it dat the mobos r dead or is the monitor cable datz faulty....?????

Mobo: Gigabyte ga-j1800m-d2p-in
Cpu: celeron dual core
Gpu: integrated hd graphics bay trail d
Ram: 2gb hynix ddr3
Psu: Atx 180 watt p4

Tried cmos reset but didnt work

Sorry for my english

Please help!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: upnorth
I

illumination

Got a new mobo today for my old pc (gigabyte ga d2p in) micro atx....... When i connect it to the pc components , the mobo turned on but there was no display signal... the mobo had 24 pin power supply plug n my psu (180w) was 20 pinned, still i don't think dat could be the problem coz i searched google it is not an issue (not sure) .... when i reverted to the old intel mobo, it too stopped responding... Is it dat the mobos r dead or is the monitor cable datz faulty....?????

Please help!!!!!

Sorry for my english though..
They would need much information to trouble shoot this issue. Like Motherboard model number, all hardware like GPU ect. When you ordered the MOBO were you sure the GPU was compatible? Do you have another monitor near by you can use to check the connection with?

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Definitely need more info to help you. It could be a lot of things, memory modules not connected properly, GPU not connected properly...

Upvote 0

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
A very common issue in many builts is a too weak PSU and from your supplied information that could very well be the main problem. My second guess or what I personal would try is install an external graphic card and see what happens.

If for example the CPU fan and other connected devices seams to spinn I don't think your mobo is dead but the PSU can still be too weak. Also be sure you actually connected everything correct.

Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Have you consult if that is compatible to your computer from known enthusiast? Well you may double check something of mistaken plug.

PSU and Motherboard may connected to each so better check the requirements.

Upvote 0

ayan4u

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 22, 2012
A very common issue in many builts is a too weak PSU and from your supplied information that could very well be the main problem. My second guess or what I personal would try is install an external graphic card and see what happens.

If for example the CPU fan and other connected devices seams to spinn I don't think your mobo is dead but the PSU can still be too weak. Also be sure you actually connected everything correct.

Good luck! :)
That could be.......but what's pissing me off is even the old one's not responding now..... any clues?!

Upvote 0

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
That could be.......but what's pissing me off is even the old one's not responding now..... any clues?!

If you still means " not responding " = no display signal I have no other clues then you simply have to start test the tips and hints already given from the members replies in this thread.

Upvote 0

ayan4u

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 22, 2012
Okz dat psu had low power supply and damaged the board.... given for replacement...!!! dah

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.