Level 1
Thread author
Jun 11, 2012
I exactly don't know what I am facing
but I need help
Disk Management

my computer

when I restarted my PC I received an error on booting screen named "B8"
and then I got to know that my earlier version of windows corrupted due to some reasons and now when I install new windows I was unable to chose any of the other partition as it showed that every partition was full but last time when I used my PC there was 102 gb free in 1tb HDD and 309 gb free in 500gb HDD so there was no other choice so I installed windows on 10gb partition
as you can see above those small partition (3.58gb, 10gb and 3.92gb) are not created by me
and while installing the windows I got alert of all "0 mb free" but disk management shows 100% free
please help se so those hidden partition can be visible on "my computer"
and is my data safe ? is there any way by which I can get my data back ??

Reactions: MrExplorer
D

Deleted member 178

delete and format to NTFS and create as primary, the partition you want to install your system (i guess Disk0, the one with 461gb) , when you launch your installation of Windows, choose advanced setup , and install manually Windows there;

Upvote 0

Shadow King

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 11, 2012
delete and format to NTFS and create as primary, the partition you want to install your system (i guess Disk0, the one with 461gb) , when you launch your installation of Windows, choose advanced setup , and install manually Windows there;
will this enable me to use "disk 1" and what about data of disk 1.

And what's that booting error - B8 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

no idea for the error, generally when i have boot issue, i format all partition then reinstall from scratch , no hassle and virus free but you have to consider your datas lost.

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Your first two partitions in the picture are not formatted as NTFS nor FAT so Windows explorer cannot see them.
As they are empty you can format them to NTFS and they will be shown in Windows explorer as new partitions.

On disk0 delete primary partition and system reserved, and from all unallocated space create one (or whatever number you want) NTFS logical partition (as I can see your system is installed on Disk1 on 9.31GB partition..)

Also, your system partition on the Disk 1 (9,31 gb partition is too small, extend it) if you don't wannna loose your system I recommend you to do it from Easeus Partition Master or AOMEI Partition Assistant, (or from Hirens Boot CD).
Before everything remove that Removable D partition.

On your machine there is 4 primary partitions (1 real one tho...:rolleyes:)
  • Machine should have only 1 Active Primary Partition where the OS will be installed
  • All other partitions should be created or formatted as logical partitions.
also, from almost every modern partition manager there is an option to unhide it in menu by right-clicking on specific partition. But it will not help you in this case, as those your partitions are not just hidden but not formatted at all ;)

Upvote 0

Shadow King

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 11, 2012
Your first two partitions in the picture are not formatted as NTFS nor FAT so Windows explorer cannot see them.
As they are empty you can format them to NTFS and they will be shown in Windows explorer as new partitions.

On disk0 delete primary partition and system reserved, and from all unallocated space create one (or whatever number you want) NTFS logical partition (as I can see your system is installed on Disk1 on 9.31GB partition..)

Also, your system partition on the Disk 1 (9,31 gb partition is too small, extend it) if you don't wannna loose your system I recommend you to do it from Easeus Partition Master or AOMEI Partition Assistant, (or from Hirens Boot CD).
Before everything remove that Removable D partition.

On your machine there is 4 primary partitions (1 real one tho...:rolleyes:)
  • Machine should have only 1 Active Primary Partition where the OS will be installed
  • All other partitions should be created or formatted as logical partitions.
also, from almost every modern partition manager there is an option to unhide it in menu by right-clicking on specific partition. But it will not help you in this case, as those your partitions are not just hidden but not formatted at all ;)
Those drive are not 100% free. those partition got some important stuff and I want those files but I cant understand why disk management is showing that those drives are empty :( . and while installing windows it show 0mb free space . if those drives are empty so please suggest a good recovery software which can really recover those files please

Upvote 0

Shadow King

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 11, 2012
Untitled.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.