Not open for further replies.

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Hi,

I wonder if there is any free USB encryption program compatible with Windows 10?

Tried to search around and saw some of them but they quite look rogue to me especially the "StorageCrypt"

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
You can try to use Veracrypt, basically turning your whole drive into an encrypted file

I tried Veracrypt using my old thumbdrive. After encrypt and format, my computer can't detect it. So right now I have no idea how to open it.

D

Deleted member 178

veracrypt is mostly a reworked version of truerypt, so it performs quite well as its ancestor.

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
veracrypt is mostly a reworked version of truerypt, so it performs quite well as its ancestor.

I agree. In fact I realised it when I search for guide to encryption, and realised both Veracrypt and Truecrypt have the same interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.