Guide | How To Use pc as an alarm

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Shadow King

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 11, 2012
Now this is specially for the ones who are too lazy to get up even when the trust cellphone dies screeching its lungs out. Its pretty simple Creating the playlist create a playlist of your favorite songs in Winamp, WMP or any other player. Export the playlist as a M3U playlist. M3U is generally accepted by almost every player. Triggering the alarm point to start> programs >accessories > system tools >scheduled tasks Create a new task and choose program as windows media player or winamp (May work with others too but I haven't tried anything else) Choose "daily", Enter the time and choose "every day" at next screen. It would now ask for password (leave blank in case you don't have one) Right click on the newly created task and check the "run only if logged in" check box. In the properties. Append the path to the playlist you created in the "run" text box. It should now look like Code:
Code:
"D:\windows mediaplayer\wmplayer.exe"K:\Playlists\smoothies.m3uthe text inside quotes is my WMP's path. It may vary for you. The text after WMP's path is the one to the playlist. Click OK and you're done.

GA4E1

Verified
May 4, 2013
This will require the pc to be turned on. If you leave it on when sleeping or doing something else and is plug into power socket, you are wasting energy and is not good for environment.

I prefer using an alarm clock.

Shadow King

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 11, 2012
GA4E1 said:
This will require the pc to be turned on. If you leave it on when sleeping or doing something else and is plug into power socket, you are wasting energy and is not good for environment.

I prefer using an alarm clock.
Ohh ya i forgot to mention this point
thanxx but while you are downloading something during sleep soo i think it can help you

GA4E1

Verified
May 4, 2013
I do not download when sleeping, but I think other people would.

Thank you for the guide (forgot to say before).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Alternatively.. (and keep PC awake)

1. Install Avast Antivirus
2. Volume on Max.

:666:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Earth said:

2. Volume on Max.

I have accidentally did this before when Avast updates it scared the hell out of me, I woke up to a rude awakening. I had to disable sounds on Avast since I don't always remember to turn down my volume. I listen to music on Winamp pretty loud when I'm awake but when I'm asleep I like it very quite.

Thanks.:D

Reactions: shmu26

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For the corners around, some bunch application have alarm clock to be install and ready to set it up.

chandrra

Jun 26, 2013
really wonderful, amazing trial you made, I hope that this may lead to generate a new option or app from various developers (Ms OR Linux or any other OS or app developers). hope that the person who generates this type of thing may get some thing good and new and that may lead to many good things. I am amazed at this post because, I was also thinking same about:..." how it would be if i use my PC to remind me at specified time'. I just tried to look at windows calender gadget option in windows 7, thinking that they might have put some thing like this, still searching for that. I want to suggest you don't worry about power problems but thing is a new idea, who knows this may lead to many good things. I hope that if we start to view or use anything in a positive humanistic way, definitely that will lead to our positive human evolution on earth. excuse me if i hurt any body and that is not my intention.
let all of us live happily. I appreciate shadow king. keep posting

Freddyand5

Verified
Sep 18, 2013
I always sleep while my laptop is on downloading torrents.. So its good to set up alarm using this tweak. hope it will work !!

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Littlebits said:
Earth said:

2. Volume on Max.

I have accidentally did this before when Avast updates it scared the hell out of me, I woke up to a rude awakening. I had to disable sounds on Avast since I don't always remember to turn down my volume. I listen to music on Winamp pretty loud when I'm awake but when I'm asleep I like it very quite.

Thanks.:D

LOL Yea avast has scared the crap out of me as well...are are there any other av's that talk to you? just curious

android

Sep 24, 2013
chandrra said:
really wonderful, amazing trial you made, I hope that this may lead to generate a new option or app from various developers (Ms OR Linux or any other OS or app developers). hope that the person who generates this type of thing may get some thing good and new and that may lead to many good things. I am amazed at this post because, I was also thinking same about:..." how it would be if i use my PC to remind me at specified time'. I just tried to look at windows calender gadget option in windows 7, thinking that they might have put some thing like this, still searching for that. I want to suggest you don't worry about power problems but thing is a new idea, who knows this may lead to many good things. I hope that if we start to view or use anything in a positive humanistic way, definitely that will lead to our positive human evolution on earth. excuse me if i hurt any body and that is not my intention.
let all of us live happily. I appreciate shadow king. keep posting
as a linux user I personally had to look this up.
https://www.google.com/#q=linux%20alarm%20clock
haven't made a decision yet on what to install. no need for it, for now.
good tip for windows pc users.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.