Advice Request Using a third party firewall with TM?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I've used this solution in the past without a third party firewall,and was wondering if it would be compatible,or will there be a conflict between it and TM's firewall booster?

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
I've used this solution in the past without a third party firewall,and was wondering if it would be compatible,or will there be a conflict between it and TM's firewall booster?

@SumTingWong is generally correct in my experience. Bluescreens with Private Firewall and Comodo and with FortKnox and Comodo. You can read here and see what the "Booster" does if you aren't sure:

Premium Security Support - - Home and Home Office Support | Trend Micro

Software driver issues were the problem for me when I tried this with the above mentioned.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
I know, but isn't TM's "booster" just using Win firewall?

This part examines traffic to spot potential intrusion attempts from the outside, for example, say, a router breach. It's the part I would think is likeliest to have a conflict with another firewall. It doesn't use the firewall. That would be the application firewall element of the module. It sounds like it creates its rules in the Windows firewall dialog.

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
This part examines traffic to spot potential intrusion attempts from the outside, for example, say, a router breach. It's the part I would think is likeliest to have a conflict with another firewall. It doesn't use the firewall. That would be the application firewall element of the module. It sounds like it creates its rules in the Windows firewall dialog.
Thanks!:)
So that means I will have to manually edit rules in Win firewall to stop certain applications calling home.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Thanks!:)
So that means I will have to manually edit rules in Win firewall to stop certain applications calling home.
SysHardener, a free NVT product that you probably have already heard about, has a lot of ready-made Win firewall rules that will do exactly that. Check it out, maybe it will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.