Using a VPN with a Software Firewall

Do you always keep your software firewall on when using your VPN?

• No, I always turn it off

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
In addition to my chosen AV, I use a VPN.

That being said, I have read in other discussions and forums, that when using a VPN, it is best to turn off your 3rd Party Firewall unless using Windows' own.

Are there any 3rd Party software Firewalls that you have used that plays nice with VPN software, that does not affect the upload and download speeds or any other aspect of the VPN software?

Reactions: Daljeet
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

That being said, I have read in other discussions and forums, that when using a VPN, it is best to turn off your 3rd Party Firewall unless using Windows' own.
11514%20-%20animated_gif%20charlton_heston%20laughing%20planet_of_the_apes%20reaction_image.gif

You should always keep on your 3rd party or Windows Firewall, even if you are using VPN. You may have slightly misunderstood that info from other sources. :eek::X3:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.