Advice Request Using Malwarebytes Premium with Avast Free Antivirus?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eddie Morra

Avast Free and Malwarebytes Premium should work fine (depending on the configuration) but there's no need to overlap protection.

1. You only need to enable real-time protection for one of them at a time - that is more than sufficient.
2. You only need to enable web protection for one of them at a time - that is more than sufficient.
3. You may experience conflicts (which could go unnoticed until the worst possible timing) with Avast's Behavior Shield component and Malwarebytes' Anti-Exploit component.

If you're trying to use both of them for web protection as well, a better alternate idea would be to use Avast's Web Shield in real-time and to accompany web filtering through the Malwarebytes Browser Extension (which is free).

If you're not using Avast's Behaviour Shield component, then you may be interested in leaving Malwarebytes Anti-Malware enabled in real-time for the Anti-Exploit only. I do not recommend trying to use both of these alongside each other though, because as someone who has personally looked into both of them, there's definitely a big chance for conflict (due to how both of them work internally).

As mentioned already, make sure you look into Exclusions for obvious reasons.

The easiest solution would be to use Avast Free with Aggressive Mode enabled in real-time and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as an on-demand scanner.

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Hello, I have Bitdefender Total Security+Malwarebytes Premium, with out any problems at all.
I also have Heimdal Premium+Voodoo-Shield Pro,again with out any errors at all.
My OS is Windows 10 Home 1809.:unsure:

Reactions: given
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Yes harlan4096 I know,and that is not all,I also have Windows Defender scan the system from time to time.:emoji_innocent:

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Hello, I have Bitdefender Total Security+Malwarebytes Premium, with out any problems at all.
I also have Heimdal Premium+Voodoo-Shield Pro,again with out any errors at all.
My OS is Windows 10 Home 1809.:unsure:

I'm sorry but this is a textbook example of security obsessive compulsive disorder. You are in effect, actually REDUCING your security with all of that stuff installed. Considering the bloat and bugs of Bit Defender alone, I can imagine this system must be potatoed pretty badly.

Heimdal+VoodooShield is actually the only two things you need and they won't add any weight to the system. Heimdal updates your stuff, provides DNS and Rebind protection, decent web filtration and some network attack channel protection. Voodooshield (Always On) is your Anti-EXE, Exploit Protection and everything else. What more do you need? It would be virtually impossible to infect such a system even with extreme ignorance.

Less is more. Wasting money on stuff, bogging down systems and all of that do nobody any favors. The average joe is sufficiently protected by any competent antivirus suite, an adblocker extension on their browser, a decent NAT router setup properly, and a secured DNS forwarder on it. Anything more is really just stacking junk on junk. The average joe doesn't even have the most attacked vectors! SSH, RDP forwards, Microsoft Office installed w/Macro's enabled. Local SMTP server, or even a local email client.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.