Status
Not open for further replies.

ttto

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
I am one of the people that like to have all my files (docs, photos, videos..) in the cloud. Before Mediafire changed in order to be more like a back up service, I used Skydrive (now Onedrive), but I had to change my cloud service because I needed more space, then I saw Mediafire, thet gives you 1TB for a lower prize than Google, Microsoft, Dropbox or others. Then, I decided to try Mediafire. I have to say that I'm very happy with the service: apps works well, 1TB its perfect for me, share options are very good...
What do you think about the service? If you are interested and you have any questions, ask!

ttto

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
..... right now i'm also looking for a cloud provider with 1TB space. Does madiafire provide encryption for files on their servers and for the traffic? Could't find any informations about encryption on their help sites: https://mediafire.zendesk.com/hc/en-us :confused:
I also wanted more information about that, before changin' to this service. I found a web site (I don't remember the name, sorry) that compared different cloud services, including Mediafire. The web test speed, some features, apps.. and security. Like in their web site ther wasnt any specifications for that, taht website contact directly to Mediafire to ask it. Mediafire said that there was encryption in their storage, but they didnt say any specific stuff.
For me it was enough. Hope it helps you! :s

L

LabZero

The Privacy policy is similar to many online backup services, even if they say they can't access the contents of our file, who assures us that they will not do this? So the simplest solution is to compress and encrypt the data (Winrar is enough) before uploading them.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well in such casual users for backup then literally fine, but in terms of security then you should check deeply on their declare policy.

Usually everything are using standard security protocol that can possible cause breaches in possible future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.