Valvaris Config (03.02.2017)

valvaris

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
Brain.exe can help prevent Malware Infection and no system is 100% secure. ;)

Making changes again and again...

After a new install of Windows 10 I noticed something... The default solution by Microsoft is good when no AV was previously installed. Impact is like non existant! Dont get it why?!

Software and other things are selected beforehand and installed after updates Win10 were applyed.

So strange things with Win10 and AV solutions. ^^

Best regards
Val.

Last edited:

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
Looks solid, especially with brain.exe installed. That software is hard to come by nowadays.

Change up your OS Firewall to "3rd Party" if you have the ESET firewall enabled. Otherwise, I would maybe throw on an on-demand scanner like Zemana AM/MalwareBytes AM/HitmanPro/Emsisoft EK. And maybe add CCleaner unless you're using Windows Disk Cleanup.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I would add Zemana as an on demand scanner, CCleaner for periodically speeding your browser back to normal, and make sure either EIS Firewall (if there is one I have no idea :p) or Windows Firewall is enabled. :)

Reactions: valvaris

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider adding a couple on demand scanners.
Consider adding CCleaner
I edited your config to reflect OS Firewall as #rd Party Firewall
Nice config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Neno

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
Nothing to add. Maybe because your security config is almost the replica of mine :).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.