Operating system
Windows 10
Log-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Kaspersky Total Security 20.0.14.1085(i)
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Kaspersky Total Security 20.0.14.1085(i)
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox 74 (Kaspersky Password Manager, Kaspersky Protection & uBlock)
Maintenance tools
None
File and Photo backup
OneDrive
System recovery
None
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit
CPUIntel Core i5 @ 1.60GHz Kaby Lake-U/Y 14nm Technology
RAM8.00GB
MotherboardLENOVO LNVNB161216 (U3E1)
GraphicsGeneric PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz), 4096MB ATI Radeon 540 Graphics (Lenovo), Intel UHD Graphics 620 (Lenovo)
Storage931GB Western Digital WDC WD10SPZX-24Z10T0 (SATA (SSD))
Optical DrivesNo optical disk drives detected
AudioRealtek High Definition Audio
Notable changes
01 April - Added uBlock plugin and changed search engine from google.com to duckduckgo

varanjith

Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Optional changes to make:
- change default from Google to DDG
- add an backup solution of your choice (software wise)

Otherwise rest look simple for your needs.

~LDogg

Thanks for your suggestion. I have changed the default search engine to ddg. Regarding the back up software, I have synced all my important files to my onedrive and my code synced with github, do i actually need a back up software? I mean, if anything happens I can fresh install windows right?

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019
Yes you can still fresh install. With a fresh install, you'll have to install and configure your programs from scratch.

The benefits of a full system image backup is that you can restore to a known clean and stable build of your system with programs and settings still intact.

Technically you don't need additional software as Windows 10 still has the built-in Backup and Restore function that enables you to make a full system image backup. However, that feature is being depreciated which is why I recommended the free version of Macrium Reflect.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.