Various malware in desguise

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlinaDobra

Thread author
Oct 9, 2015
I was downloading a file via megaupload when a window popped open and closed and then everything went haywire....the laptop was so slow i could barely use it.
I looked in the task manager, found a bunch of suspicious stuff disguised as notepad.exe, svchost.exe, conhost.exe, cftmon.exe etc which were (and are) eating up 92-98% of the cpu.
As i was struggling to find them in my system the display failed and it took about 2 minutes for it to recover.
Did a restart, started looking for animalware stuff while performing a windows defender scan, then scanned with trojan remover which both found nothing and eventually ended up here.

Years ago i dealt with the same thing, clones of svchost.exe were eating the cpu on my pc. Back then i was able to easily find the source, then installed a magic eraser thingie and i just erased the whole damn thing which fixed my issue. Now i can't find the source.
Please help.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    24.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Addition.txt
    19.5 KB · Views: 3

AlinaDobra

Thread author
Oct 9, 2015
And just realized i have utorrent, but it's not for piracy purposes. Most of the games i play have torrent download option, which is most of the times faster and safer than browser or like i did today, megaupload.
And that's what i was downloading, a client for a game that was taking too long to download as torrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.