The test results on the WildList-set
2xnewd2tga.png

rcxfdhcbae.png

RAP-test results
2x2el14gux.png

ogsxud46yu.png

RAP quadrant: August 2013
hkktu6y9z6.jpg

Red marked antivirus results that were tested during this period only once.

Source

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
good to see, that free softwares like Roboscan/ Fortinet did quite good,

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I always see such low detection rates from Roboscan on user tests, including the times when I tested it myself. Maybe I'll give it another try and a lengthier observation might change my mind.

Fortinet is good, excellent when coupled with a good HIPS/Sandbox/Firewall. Its zero-day resides in the URL-blocking feature, which works very very well. The database is not very quickly updated to include the latest threats, but in a few days the signatures are there and the detection rate rises to 90%+ levels.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Will TrustPort 2014 work on Windows 8.1? Also, I did not see Dr.Web and Comodo on RAP-test result??

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Wow! Had written TrustPort this morning and answer to all my questions with 10 Minutes. TrustPort Customer Support is better than Webroot. I have spoken to TrustPort several different times. And yes, TrustPort will Windows 8.1!

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Moose said:
Will TrustPort 2014 work on Windows 8.1?
Yes.
TrustPort Antivirus 2014
TrustPort Internet Security 2014
TrustPort Total Protection 2014
Support Win 8.1

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Petrovic!

What is your opinion on Trustprot Interent Security 2014 compare to Eset Smart Secuirty 7? Pro's and Con's?
And long have you been using, Trustport?

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I was testing Roboscan and was quite happy with it. It updated frequently, didn't slow down the system... all was well until it froze my computer, and rendered Windows unbootable in normal mode, so I had to boot into safe mode, and uninstall Roboscan to solve the problem.

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Moose said:
Petrovic!

What is your opinion on Trustprot Interent Security 2014 compare to Eset Smart Secuirty 7? Pro's and Con's?
And long have you been using, Trustport?
At ESET enhanced configuration. Fine-tuning HIPS.
ESET has much less impact on the system, without compromising security.
Antivor function (Anti-Theft) can detect the location and return a lost or stolen laptop or computer.

Once you mark on the web portal ESET Anti-Theft, the computer is lost or stolen, the device is activated automatically monitor and allows you to monitor the position of a laptop or computer on the map, using Wi-Fi. When a lost or stolen device connects to the network, you have access to all the information collected on the website Anti-Theft.

Plus TrustPort - the presence of two engines (Bit + AVG + TP, vipre + avg + TP)
The use of two effective anti-virus engines AVG and Bitdefender, TrustPort Internet Security capabilities to detect malicious code are one of the best anti-virus solutions.
TrustPort Internet Security 2014 offers the ability to create a portable version of antivirus software on the USB-flash-drive. Data stored on flash media will always be protected, while at the same time, you will have the opportunity to test any computer via USB drive.
Comprehensive anti-virus module also contains TrustPort Portunes for joint and simultaneous storage of confidential data on your computer and mobile device.
Shares held by TrustPort constantly for 3-6 months))

No need to describe all the functions of products, you can always find the information)
The choice is yours only of your preference.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Petrovic!

Which one is better at cleaning malware and getting to the root as far as cleaning.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.