• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

orangenbaumblatt

Level 2
Verified
May 9, 2013
I also used Veeam Backup Free for quite a while and really liked it. But sometimes it backuped my whole drive, even I have changed only a few files because of it's sector based backup. So if this happens, just put it in to folder mode (a bit slower).

A

acemnr suvwxz

Thread author
Backup chain is very important...a bad image in the backup chain will affect restore operation.

I tried interrupting the on-going backup by restart/shutdown/hard shutdown system with the following software

EaseUS Todo - I tried restart system And system restarted. After system restart, incomplete image was there in the chain in the backup folder. I started another backup & new incremental backup was created leaving the bad image in the chain...Bad Job. In the GUI, backup details, bad image was not showing up (dont know if restore operation will be affected or not?) I didn't tried shutdown/hard shutdown with Todo.
"(dont know if restore operation will be affected or not?)"

I use Todo Workstation too, & got concerned with the above. I did a restore test & Todo performed excellent.

Win 10 64 Creators Update
Todo Workstation

Total 16 images, first full image & 15 incremental
Incremental 1 - 7 good
Inc 8 disrupted with system restart
Inc 9 disrupted with hard shutdown
Inc 10 good
Inc 11 disrupted with system restart
Inc 12 disrupted with hard shutdown
Inc 13 disrupted with hard shutdown
Inc 14 good
Inc 15 good

System was restored to Inc 14 & everything was fine, chkdsk & sfc scan good
System was restored to Inc 7 & everything was fine, chkdsk & sfc scan good

Todo Workstation performed reliably & excellent.

Note

Damaged backups do show up in backups folder but not in GUI i.e Image Details. And don't show up in restore operation.
So it seems Todo do scans or tracks or validates images for next or new incremental image, thats good & reliable. Damaged backups removed or replaced would be a good improvement.

Tested Home version too, & it does seems little slower compared to Workstation.

MT guys, organize a Workstation lifetime license (free lifetime upgrade) giveaway, & gift me 1 license:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: askmark and Parsh
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.