Verification Issue

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
Hi,

I have carried out the verification process and entered the code i was emailed, i then checked the box to retain verification for 30 days but every day i am finding i am having to verify myself again.

Am i doing something wrong here ??

Andy

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hi,

I have carried out the verification process and entered the code i was emailed, i then checked the box to retain verification for 30 days but every day i am finding i am having to verify myself again.

Am i doing something wrong here ??

Andy
Hello Andy,
Do you use any software for cleaning your browser cookies or modified any browser settings?

Reactions: Winter Soldier

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Jack,

Yes i do daily
So that's the issue, basically the site requests your verification code because it cannot find the cookie that was set on the last verification. Now, to solve this you can add this website to the "white list" of the cleaning software that you are using. For instance, I have the habit of running very often Ccleaner, and that was causing the issue that you've described, but I solved this by adding our community site to their "Cookies to keep" list. What software are you using to do your daily PC clean-up, maybe we can help you find the Ignore feature on it.

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
Hi,

I have added malwaretips.com to the cookies to keep section.

I also run Wisecare 365 and Kerish doctor but cannot find anything for settings on these at the moment - any guidance appreciated.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hi,

I have added malwaretips.com to the cookies to keep section.

I also run Wisecare 365 and Kerish doctor but cannot find anything for settings on these at the moment - any guidance appreciated.
Wisecare 365 by default does not scan/clear for cookies so if you haven't changed this settings you should have no issues.
1234.jpg
Kerish Doctor 2017 has a lot of features, and this is the first time I've taken a look at this program, as far as I can tell it won't clear the cookies. Other members that use this program more often may be able to shade some light here.
3245.jpg

So basically, Ccleaner should have been the culprit in this case, if you added our community to the "Cookies to keep" list, you could give it a run and see if you are requested again that verification code.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Al done and fixed now thanks. It was just CCleaner deleting the cookie which has now been set to exclude.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Andy
Happy to have helped you, Andy. Glad to hear that the issue is solved!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.