Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
none
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
none
What is a good vertical mouse for a lefty?
I need for productivity, not gaming
I would like a few programmable buttons
Something comfortable to do work with for hours at a time. I do writing work, but I jump around a lot between various programs and windows, doing copy and paste, and looking things up.

By the way, what is your opinion of vertical mouses? I never actually tried one, but it was recommended to me.
What should I look out for, when choosing such a mouse?

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
One problem with vertical mouse is that every model differs quite a bit. Unless you get one into your hand you can't be sure if its really comfortable or not. Go to different shops and try a few then select whichever you're comfortable with.

Reactions: shmu26
Upvote 0

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I've used a Delux vertical mouse before and loved it. After I got used to using it (which did not take long), it felt much more comfortable and natural to use than a regular mouse. You can get wired and wireless variants of it and you can buy it from eBay or Amazon, for example. The durability of it, was not that great, but it's not expensive. At the moment, I just use the touchpad on my laptop. But, if I was to use a mouse, I would definitely buy another Delux one.

M618LU - Delux Electronic - Enjoy sharing

Upvote 0

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
Go to different shops and try a few then select whichever you're comfortable with.
This ^^^

The problem with human interface devices (HIDs), mice and keyboards, is every one has unique hands. What feels great in my hand or at the end of my fingertips may feel uncomfortable, awkward or even painful to you.

So I agree with jogs. You need visit shops and electronics stores and go play touchy feely with these devices yourself. Try to position them at the same height - in relation to your body - they will be when at your desk. Remember display models may have been abused so some mechanical functions (buttons, wheels, keys, etc.) may not work properly.

Take a bottle of hand-sanitizer too! :sick:

Upvote 0

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I use a conventional mouse, but I really don't hold the mouse except for some precise work like designing. I just push the mouse here and there with my fingers.

Upvote 0

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
I just push the mouse here and there with my fingers.
But that still requires positioning your wrist in a certain way/angle. Over time, even with little to no exertion of force and depending on the amount of use, that can lead to RSI. Years ago, between the mouse and number keypad, I developed carpel tunnel syndrome. So even though I am right handed, I moved my mouse to the left side of my keyboard and all is good now.

Having one of these Belkin Gel Wrist Pads under my wrist helps a lot too.

Upvote 0

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
By the way, what is your opinion of vertical mouses? I never actually tried one, but it was recommended to me.
What should I look out for, when choosing such a mouse?

few years ago i purchsed a trackball mouse (Logitech M570 Trackball Mouse) : IMO they are much more 'relaxing'.

An option for left handed persons:
Logitech Trackman Marble Mouse, Four-Button, Programmable, Dark Gray
Logitech TrackMan Marble

Superior comfort for either hand
Right handed? Left handed? Either way, TrackMan Marble keeps your hand comfortable and supported day and night, no matter how long you’re at the computer.

Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
few years ago i purchsed a trackball mouse (Logitech M570 Trackball Mouse) : IMO they are much more 'relaxing'.

An option for left handed persons:
Logitech Trackman Marble Mouse, Four-Button, Programmable, Dark Gray
Thanks I will check that out

Reactions: LASER_oneXM
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.