VIDEO: Intel Core i3-7350K vs. Core i5-7400 - More GHz or More Cores?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
More cores in this particular case, as Intel finally figured out that they shouldn't make any CPU (core modeling) bellow 3GHz baseline frequency (i5 7400 , 3GHz - 3,5GHz boost). 4 Core CPU's will become a standard when CannonLake comes out. CoffeeLake will probably be boring.

Awaiting for Ryzen to see the light... :)

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I don't call a >15% performance gain "boring".
And it's got "Coffee" in it. :)

Based on the reviewer's observations about total cost, the i5-7600 would have been a better comparison, making the choice more obvious.

Additionally, increasing frequency exponentially increases power demand.

It was nice to see my 2500K on the gaming benchmark; I wonder how it would have placed at it's current speed (4.2GHz)--makes holding off until Cannon Lake easier...

Reactions: XhenEd
D

Deleted member 178

I would rather choose more cores. More little guys to works that a single or 2 strong ones.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I don't call a >15% performance gain "boring".
And it's got "Coffee" in it. :)

They keep saying about those 15% gain, and actually we could see it only when SkyLake was out, a real core improvement in manufacturing process. This CabyLake and CoffeLake have almost the same core strenght when you clock all Core CPU's in the same frequency and disable Turboboost, Burst and Hyperthreading.... All improvement we can actually notice is iGPU part and its decoding capabilities. They've added no additional execution units, so there's no noticeable gain in gaming.

and YES :) a lake of coffee...priceless :D

Reactions: Rolo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.