Vinith's config

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
You could add some backup software such as Aomei Backupper or Macrium Reflect and if you do not have a portable HDD you could use use Aomei One Key Backup solution. ;) Also you could add HTTPS Everywhere browser extention. ;) Thanks for sharing. :)

Vinith Almeida

Thread author
Aug 1, 2014
You could add some backup software such as Aomei Backupper or Macrium Reflect and if you do not have a portable HDD you could use use Aomei One Key Backup solution. ;) Also you could add HTTPS Everywhere browser extention. ;) Thanks for sharing. :)

Thank you.

What edition of AVG and Malwarebytes are you using? (e.g. AVG Free Antivirus/Internet Security, Malwarebytes Free or Pro with real-time protection)?

Another web browser would be ideal if you experienced problems on Firefox (Google Chrome would be a good secondary "backup" web browser).

You might want to consider some of the following addons:

- HTTPS Everywhere (encrypts your connection with major sites)
- Adguard or uBlock instead of Adblock (personal preference but these tend to be lighter in terms of performance and RAM usage)
- LastPass (password manager)

Both free editions.

Nopes, I'm happy with Firefox :)

I have seen "HTTPS Everywhere" recommended a lot over here. Definitely adding that.

akuigla

Level 1
Verified
Oct 29, 2013
I am curious what happened when you had malware infections?
Otherwise,your config is strong,thanks for sharing :)
As for pc optimization,search google and this site.There is a ton of valuable infos.

I like,like you, adblock.It serves me very good,much better then gorhil's ublock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vinith Almeida

Vinith Almeida

Thread author
Aug 1, 2014
Consider MBAM as and on demand scanner and also could add on or two more
Consider uBlock in place of ABD and HTTPS Everywhere in FF
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Two more spyware scanners ?

What advantages uBlock has over ABD ?

I am curious what happened when you had malware infections?
Otherwise,your config is strong,thanks for sharing :)
As for pc optimization,search google and this site.There is a ton of valuable infos.

I like,like you, adblock.It serves me very good,much better then gorhil's ublock.

I really don't know how it got in. Thankfully Malwarebytes took care of it :)

Reactions: Sr. Normal

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Two more spyware scanners ?
What advantages uBlock has over ABD ?

I like to have a couple other on demand scanners such as Emsisoft Emergency Kit,Hitman Pro,ESET Online Scanner,etc and scan regularly with them in case my real time protection missed something.Since they are on demand and not running there is no system impact.

uBlock is much lighter than ABD and I think is a better program

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
MBAM Premium realtime protection can be complement to AVG but as its trial is for 30 days then better stay as a scanner instead and add another scanner as mentioned.

For browser you may add Opera in case Firefox comes with problems.
Extensions: Adguard and Https Everywhere

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.