Danger Viper007's Security Config

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
I dont use smart screen or UAC cause i find them annoying and not really needed for me, also i do not really keep any information on my system and if something goes wrong i just format and reinstall a few programs might buy a external HDD soon and backup data to that as it will save time.

Im smart when roaming the net and have not been infected in years and ESET does a good job (web protections wise which is what i need and all around good product that i like.

Syafiq

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
Suggestions:
-Implement a system backup solution, both AOMEI and Macrium Reflect have a free and reliable version, although you haven't infected in the past years you might still need it in case you're infected with malware.
-Enable UAC, it might be annoying for you but it's a part of Windows security(Set it at default, at least !)
-Enable Smartscreen, it's a file reputation feature, Windows will tell you that the file is safe, suspicious, or unsafe.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
Suggestions:
-Implement a system backup solution, both AOMEI and Macrium Reflect have a free and reliable version, although you haven't infected in the past years you might still need it in case you're infected with malware.
-Enable UAC, it might be annoying for you but it's a part of Windows security(Set it at default, at least !)
-Enable Smartscreen, it's a file reputation feature, Windows will tell you that the file is safe, suspicious, or unsafe.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

i have looked at them backups in the past, normally i just keep some files on my 3rd HDD and format my OS i dont install a lot of programs so its fast while my 3rd hdd has the files still.

eset does enough for me on web protection/phishing etc i might enable smart screen and see

Last edited:
Reactions: bribon77

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
You should have a System and Data Backup in case things go wrong. My problem with your current method is that it's easy for those Ext HDD's to get infected.

There's free tools like Macrium Reflect (System) and Rollback Rx Home (Data).

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
Edit:

Process Lasso:

Forgot to say i use process lasso, good for changing priority for games so it always remembers you can also make games avoid hyperthreading cores and any other useless programs that run in the background you and always close them down to save resources and limited there resources by editing priority etc ( know what your doing). Has pro balance i sugest you read up on it and smart trim an effective ram trimmer that is not junk or *dumb* and actually works and is safe for lower end systems with like 8gb ram or less.

Did not have to say all of this but i really recommend this product for a task manager and lower end systems can benefit from leess lags etc :) great software indeed to check out.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
It is not bad to set it on your own argument. If your thoughts change, it is okay to think about countermeasures at that time.
But do not forget that there is an opinion that backup should be done as much as possible.
Have a fun gaming life!

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
It is not bad to set it on your own argument. If your thoughts change, it is okay to think about countermeasures at that time.
But do not forget that there is an opinion that backup should be done as much as possible.
Have a fun gaming life!
i understand and i have spent some years on this forum and know its what everyone suggests, but if something goes wrong with my pc i have always just system restored which always worked or just put usb in and format my windows as i do not have hardly anything on my pc.

Yh backup can make things faster and its probably effective ill for sure check one of them out again as i have in the past, i was gonna buy an external HDD soon anyway to do system backups just in case and try that route.

I might add rollback rx is the one i would want and use as its fast and effective something i liked, but every time i installed it even on a fresh system and created a snap shot etc when i restart my pc it would corrupt my system and not load :( so for sure not that one.

Last edited:

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
I might add rollback rx is the one i would want and use as its fast and effective something i liked, but every time i installed it even on a fresh system and created a snap shot etc when i restart my pc it would corrupt my system and not load :( so for sure not that one.

Did you post on their forum or submit a ticket? That is not typical.

karthic1998

Level 4
Verified
Jan 23, 2017
My consider is backup is full of waste it grabs some space but when it is needed but it becomes precious on losing important data on pc or laptop

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
Did you post on their forum or submit a ticket? That is not typical.
nope, but it happen on my last pc when i tried the program to and a few weeks ago tried it on this pc and i still got the same issue. Did not bother contacting them as i cba with it. I normally just use system restore if anything goes wrong which works well or format.

I just installed macrium reflect tho just made a 30gb backup of my c drive saved on my 1tb. hdd ill see how it does when i need to restore (if i ever do).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.