Showcase Vipers gaming pc

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
i play all sorts, gta v, rust, fortnite, smite, bf4 did some bf1, use to do some arma 3, pubg, tbh anything if its good and fps shooter as i played them for years and like to play with friends mostly not solo :(.
Cool, I'll update my machine in the middle or the end of the year, with a configuration similar to yours, except the VGA, which will be a 1070 or 1060, because here in Brazil the prices are salty :p

Reactions: Syafiq and Vasudev

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
Cool, I'll update my machine in the middle or the end of the year, with a configuration similar to yours, except the VGA, which will be a 1070 or 1060, because here in Brazil the prices are salty :p
nice, do u also mean evga gpu and not using a vga cable :( lol.

Reactions: Syafiq

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
No, VGA = GPU, not the cable :B, here the stores use the term VGA for a video card, what is the brand of your video card?
ah did not know that good to know, its a gigabyte g1 gaming, even tho in the past i have had msi, asus are really good and would be my first choice but there expensive :(.

Reactions: Syafiq

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
ah did not know that good to know, its a gigabyte g1 gaming, even tho in the past i have had msi, asus are really good and would be my first choice but there expensive :(.
I never bought anything from Gigabyte, I'm going to buy from ASUS, for me the best brand, I've always used it for many years, I've never had problems, both on the video card and on the motherboard, and it really is expensive, but it's worth it, because the cheap always comes out costly.

Reactions: Syafiq and Vasudev

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
I never bought anything from Gigabyte, I'm going to buy from ASUS, for me the best brand, I've always used it for many years, I've never had problems, both on the video card and on the motherboard, and it really is expensive, but it's worth it, because the cheap always comes out costly.
i agree i always had a asus motherboard cause its never failed me there rock solid and always use the best components digi+ , best capacitors etc and overall motherboard features are great and i overclock so asus are reliable, there gpus i have never used but for sure am even tho msi and gigabyte are good and use very good components still and have never failed me i just like asus, asus now do automated process so no human errors and good cooling and components used like always, even tho that rgb raises the price so much probs and not needed :(.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
really nice gaming system...your setup will be my next upgrade in spring/summer
current i'm playing with my overclocked i7 3770k @ 4,2 Ghz and a GTX 980.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

i play all sorts, gta v, rust, smite, bf4 did some bf1, use to do some arma 3, pubg, tbh anything if its good and fps shooter as i played them for years and like to play with friends mostly not solo :(.

A potato computer half as good as yours could play all of those games on max settings at the peasantly 1080P. You are certainly ready for a 2K monitor which would be more fitting for that powerful hardware.

I am so glad you put 16GB in, and not 32-64GB.. I love when gamers say they dropped 32GB into a gaming rig. Apparently not understanding that no game uses over 8GB of ram and probably won't hit 16GB for another decade. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

outlawxtorn

Level 6
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2017
Nice hardware! Here I am still using an i5-3570k and a 970! Works for my MMORPGS though, which is pretty much all I play.

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
A potato computer half as good as yours could play all of those games on max settings at the peasantly 1080P. You are certainly ready for a 2K monitor which would be more fitting for that powerful hardware.

I am so glad you put 16GB in, and not 32-64GB.. I love when gamers say they dropped 32GB into a gaming rig. Apparently not understanding that no game uses over 8GB of ram and probably won't hit 16GB for another decade. ;-)
I have always played at 144hz so i like to max out most games but keep at least a solid 100+ at all times. i like the smoothness i have had like 8 asus 1440p monitors in 2015 and 2016, pg278q many times and pg279q but they all had issues with either bad backlight bleed or some other issues with the TN, im gonna probs get the pg278qr tn but not sure.

yh 32gb is useless and not needed unless people host some game servers or something or video rendering etc, most modern games at high settings do use more than 8gb tho, some games use around 10gb i have seen some just over like 11-12gb, so i think 16gb is just the sweet spot for gamers right now, for some gaming and multitasking.

i should add tho that most people with 8gb ram might want to have spotify open in certain games, chrome in background and some other stuff and my friends does some of this with 8gb ram and struggles a bit in gta v where it stutters cause of ram load.

Last edited:

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
really nice gaming system...your setup will be my next upgrade in spring/summer
current i'm playing with my overclocked i7 3770k @ 4,2 Ghz and a GTX 980.
nice, yh i remember getting that 980 when it released certainly a beast of a gpu and more than enough if your only 60hz but a 1070/1080 there will be much more future proof, unless u of course play 120hz+.

Whats your cooling? pretty sure that cpu can go to like 4.4 to 4.6hz if you got decent one get some extra perf out of it :).

Reactions: amico81

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
Yh i just remembered i use process lasso so if your gaming its a nice piece of software to put priority on always high, etc and avoid hyperthreading so games uses only real cores which can benefit some games nicely, can also always terminate programs you do not want to run and it will remember and close them off and launch, also for lower systems it has smart trim that works great and pro balance in general is good for keeping your pc smooth, check it out.

Bitsum. Real-time CPU Optimization and Automation Software for Windows

used it for few years and its great to use as just a task manager in general also.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
nice, yh i remember getting that 980 when it released certainly a beast of a gpu and more than enough if your only 60hz but a 1070/1080 there will be much more future proof, unless u of course play 120hz+.
Whats your cooling? pretty sure that cpu can go to like 4.4 to 4.6hz if you got decent one get some extra perf out of it :).

yes i wanna play with 120 fps +....have an acer predator gd245hq with 120 Hz
My cpu cooler is an arctic freezer 7 pro....just for light overclocking :D with prime95 i get 69 degree....not so much reserve

johnjacobs

Level 1
Verified
Jun 3, 2016
I usually upgrade my PC in every year. I usually prefer Nvidia GPU. NVIDIA Fast Sync and AMD Enhanced Sync are alternatives to V-SYNC. Both Fast Sync and Enhanced Sync allow for uncapped frame rate without screen tearing. Furthermore, these two technologies introduce significantly less input lag than VSync. Gaming with V-SYNC disabled can cause awful screen tearing. Then again, enabling it introduces additional input lag and if your GPU cannot keep up with your display, you get screen stuttering. So it really important while you are playing high resolution games.
What Is NVIDIA Fast Sync and AMD Enhanced Sync? [Simple Guide]

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.