Vipersd configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipersd

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Dec 14, 2014
All software and OS on my PC is regularly updated, including plugins and add-ons.
I manually logon on websites, no saved passwords in browser or password manager.
CCleaner as junk cleaner, Windows built in Disk Defragmenter also.
I'm also using portable software when it is available and free variants of mainstream software.
I'm using Sandboxie regularly for browsing the net and Windscribe VPN when needed.

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Looking good!
Really i like what you do with passwords i prefer same technique :) Maybe thinking updating OS to 10 little by little. Thanks for your security conf. share!

Vipersd

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Dec 14, 2014
Older PC, sometimes it gets sluggish when somethings is updated (Win Update) but overall everything works as expected on older machine. There are no noticeable incompatibilities or conflicts.

This is Dual Boot machine with Linux Mint 18 Xfce 64bit which also works great. Can't upgrade to Win 10 because of hardware incompatibilities, I'm expecting to upgrade my machine in the near future.

Reactions: Rengar
D

Deleted member 178

Real-time Malware Protection:

Avast Internet Security
Zemana AntiLogger
Malwarebytes Premium
Sandboxie
MCShield
CryptoPrevent

Too many redundant software i striked the one not really needed, Avast protect already most of the layers the others do.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I agree with @Umbra
I would consider using MBAM & ZAL as on demand scanners since you have paid for these and remove HitmanPro
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: JM Safe

Vipersd

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Dec 14, 2014
I know it's redundant, one of reasons is evaluation of software for my future use.

Also sometimes I'm doing installations or reinstallations of OS or software for relatives or neighbors and this is easiest way at this time for me to learn how to use software and then recommend it, some of 1 year licences will expire soon so by then it will be slimmed down.

aragornnnn

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 18, 2016
You got protection enough i see but dont all those softwares conflict with eachother someway? :eek:

Reactions: JM Safe
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.