Battle Vipre or Avira

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
I would give Vipre a try. Avira (PRO) latest antivirus is superlight and it has great cloud protection, but Avira starts to become annoying when it starts putting some bloats into their Avira Launcher to push you to install some of their ''FREE'' products. If you can get pass this, you will like the product.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
None of them: better is it that you opt for norton 360 or kaspersky wich are great out of the box and are highly configurable. Another great option is to take a look at is emsisoft antimalware , less configurable , but strong protection non the less.
Sure Vipre needs some work to arrive to the level of Norton and Kaspersky, but Avira can be a match to those two.
Excellent signatures like Eset, often catching malwares before being downloaded. While other products will block it locally on execution or with behavioral techniques. Many say Avira doesn't have behavioral detection, but i think it may be wrong to say so. Using the Pro version for some time you can easily notice that the behavioral analysis is mostly cloud based and i found it to be very responsive and good.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.