I have a jacked up desktop computer with these specs:
ASUS P5N-e motherboard
Phoenix Tech BIOS ver 2.4
Intel P4 3GHz processor
4 Gb RAM
250 Gb SATA Hard Drive
Radeon X700 Pro Video
Windows XP Home SP3

I have Comcast internet and the Nortons virus protection they offer for free.

There are some of the issues I have:
1. Computer will go into blue screen of death and reboot
2. Computer starts up very slow (about 5 minutes to fully boot)
3. I can not get Nortons to start up, even after reinstalling 3 times.
4. I run msconfig and see a startup item called burito.exe (I have been told is some sort of Trogan Horse)
I also have STOPzilla and CCleaner and can not get either to find the burito file(s)

If anyone has any input to help me improve my computer thanks in advance.
hbconnor
:huh:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Hi,welcome to MT :)

burito.exe is an executable file installed by WinReanimator which is a fake anti-spyware program that installs on your computer.It will report false detections and try and get you to buy the software to get rid of them.What it does is though is download buritos.exe and other malware to your system folders.

Please go to this link https://malwaretips.com/forums/malware-removal-assistance-for-windows.10/ and post your problem and someone will help you with the removal process

coranti malware

Verified
Feb 3, 2013
WinReanimator is old and eazy to detect , so I wondering if Norton was turned off ,
or realtime disabled because Norton deteacts and removes WinReanimator with little to know effort

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
coranti malware said:
WinReanimator is old and eazy to detect , so I wondering if Norton was turned off ,
or realtime disabled because Norton deteacts and removes WinReanimator with little to know effort

He could not get Norton to startup so I would assume this is how it went undetected.However he should go to the removal assistance section and submit logs to make sure he isnt infected with this or something else.I believe other malware masks itself as burrito.exe so it might be something else.The BSOD's and restarts,Antivirus not starting and slowdown are symptoms of some kind of malware.This should be the first thing to rule out.

coranti malware

Verified
Feb 3, 2013
Agreed , its likely WinReanimator will not be the only infection if norton was not running,
forgive me english is not my first language,

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Welcome to MalwareTips!

We would gladly help you out, just start a new thread in the malware removal section :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.