virus pup.optional.com

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hi, I'll be working with you :)

Before we start:
  • Note that the removal process is not immediate. Depending on the severity of your infection, it could take a long time.
  • Malware removal can be dangerous. I cannot guarantee the safety of your system as malware can be unpredictable. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system. Therefore, I would advise you to backup all your important files before we start.
  • Please be patient and stay with me until I give you the green lights and inform you that your PC is clean.
  • Like everyone, I have a private life, so be patient with me. Sometimes I will respond immediately, sometimes it will take a coupe hours.
  • Some tools may be flagged by your antivirus as harmful. Rest assure that ALL the tools we use are safe, the detections are false positives.
  • The absence of symptoms does not mean your PC is fully disinfected.
  • If you are unclear about the instructions, please stop and ask. Following the steps in the order that I post them in is vital.
  • Lastly, if you have requested help on other sites, that will delay and hinder the removal process. Please only stick to one site.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.

<ol><li>Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
<><a href="http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner" target="_blank">ADWCLEANER DOWNLAOD LINK</a></> (This link will automatically download Security Check on your computer)</li>

<li>Close all open programs and internet browsers.</li>
<li>Double click on <>adwcleaner.exe</> to run the tool.</li>
<li>Click on <>Delete</>,then confirm each time with <>Ok</>.</li>
<li>Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.</li>
<li>Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.</li>
<li>You can find the logfile at <>C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt</> as well.</li>
</ol>

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Please download aswMBR and save it to your desktop.

Double click aswMBR.exe to start the tool.
  • Select Yes if prompted to download the Avast database.
  • Click Scan
  • Upon completion of the scan ( Scan finished successfully ) click Save log and save it to your desktop, and post that log in your next reply for review.
    Note: do NOT attempt any Fix yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

uksparky

Thread author
Nov 15, 2013
Thanks for your help here is the info

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[S0] #1.txt
    22.5 KB · Views: 107
  • Addition #2.txt
    17.5 KB · Views: 94
  • FRST#3.txt
    38 KB · Views: 155
  • aswMBR save log.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 83

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hi,

Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)

[attachment=6247]

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.

thisisujrt.gif
Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

mbamicontw5.gif
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from here.
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note)
  • Please save the log to a location you will remember ( desktop for example ).
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:

If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    3 KB · Views: 210

uksparky

Thread author
Nov 15, 2013
Kinda stuck......ok i open the fixit.txt..notepad on my screen
Then you say open FRST and click fix...where is this I can not find it .. I will go no further until you get back to me

uksparky

Thread author
Nov 15, 2013
I now have another problem i did the junkware and after the scan i lost the internet explorer, just like i lost aol, sending this from my laptop now..
trouble shoot report ..the remote device or resource wont accept the connection, i have to sort this out first.
thanks so far.....what i sent you any idea whats going on.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
AOL is considered as adware/junkware and that's the reason it is deleted. Install it manually if you need it.

Is problems solved?

uksparky

Thread author
Nov 15, 2013
TwinHeadedEagle said:
AOL is considered as adware/junkware and that's the reason it is deleted. Install it manually if you need it.

Is problems solved?

No its not went into internet options and checked everything..looked ok but still have problem....did a restore point...just so you know i am crap when it comes to computer repairs
Sorry but can you explain install manually...modem starting again after restore point, and i now have internet explorer back phew dam

uksparky

Thread author
Nov 15, 2013
TwinHeadedEagle said:
When did you used restore point? When you use restore point, everything we have done is gone...

Yes everything we have done is lost, at this time I am going to decide to send my modem out for repairs, or get a new modem.
I am getting over my head with this problem, but I do thank you for your time spent helping me. I did a scan with the free anti malware trial and got these results what do you think

Attachments

• malwarebytes free trial.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 77

uksparky

Thread author
Nov 15, 2013
Just one note..my problem started when I could not sign onto aol 9.7 last week.. but internet explorer aol was fine..until I lost that as well yesterday ..that's why I did the restore point to get it back

uksparky

Thread author
Nov 15, 2013
went online to solve my virus PUPoptional funwelproducts...fixed that... clean scan with malwarebytes free trial no problems..

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.