Solved virus seems to reinstall itself during boot into shell

KennyGordacki

Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2016
Ok, I think that it is working. Unfortunately, Toshiba says that the activation issue is a virus issue. I have a working key (I belive it is a Volume license key) for reinstalling provided by Toshiba. I also have the key provided by the bios which should also reactivate it. Toshiba wants me to pay for additional support and they want me to purchase a new restore disk totaling around $180. Its easier to do an in place reinstall and purchase my next laptop from ASUS than pay that kind of money to remedy what I perceive as being a Microsoft issue. I probably should be running Linux on this computer at this point anyway. Thanks again for your help sending more money right now.

KennyGordacki

Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2016
it says that my donation "may or may not have gone through, do you have anyway of seeing if you got it?

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

KennyGordacki

Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2016
It looks like 2 other issues, Everything in my computer now is giving me that same error message. I am using winamp to play music and it says Nullsoft direct sound output. v 2.64 (d) Error creating direct sound buffer. Error code 80070057. The other issue is that Internet explorer will not render any websites. I type google in to IE and it is black. I put ebay.com in the browser it is blank. At the same time Opera and chrome and firefox will render all websites beautifully.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Yes, I received your both donations, thank you very much for your support.

Let's try with this:

cmd_icon.png
Check Disk
  • Press the
    WindowsKey.png
    button on your keyboard, type cmd, right click and Run as Administrator.
  • Copy/Enter the command below and press Enter:
  • Code:
    chkdsk C: /r
  • You should get a message to schedule Check Disk at next system restart. Please type Y and press Enter.
  • All you should do now is to restart your PC and let the Check Disk process finish uninterrupted.
Check Disk report:
  • Press the
    WindowsKey.png
    + R on your keyboard at the same time. Type eventvwr and click OK.
  • In the left panel, expand Windows Logs and then click on Application.
  • Now, on the right side, click on Filter Current Log.
  • Under Event Sources, check only Wininit and click OK.
  • Now you'll be presented with one or multiple Wininit logs.
  • Click on an entry corresponding to the date and time of the disk check.
  • On the top main menu, click Action > Copy > Copy Details as Text.
  • Paste the contents into your next reply.

2eyjdoj.png
System File Checker
  • Press
    WindowsKey.png
    + R on your keyboard at the same time. Type cmd and click OK.
  • Code:
    sfc /scannow
  • Windows will begin with system scan.
  • When done, please reboot your system.
System File Checker report:
  • Press
    WindowsKey.png
    + R on your keyboard at the same time. Type cmd and click OK.
  • Code:
    findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"
  • Attach sfcdetails.txt from your Desktop in your next reply.

KennyGordacki

Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2016
Its not important. I was just saying that I run check disk with repair and system file checker with repair very frequently so I was thinking that its not likely to help but I understand that it needs to be done anyway just in case I am missing something.

Attachments

• Event viewer application win init checke disk with repair 2 16 July 3 2016.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 2

KennyGordacki

Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2016
Thanks for your effort. Its one of those things that I will eventually figure out. I didn't realize that windows stores the activations files from previous successful activations in a file under C drive called installation keys so i think that my answer is in there.

KennyGordacki

Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2016
i was able to repair windows 7.1 to get it back to activation status. The virus either corrupted a system file associated with the plug and play service which ensures that no significant hardware changes have occurred. i repaired it. the computer is a laptop with oem version installed. the continual activation is tied to the Toshiba bios. i found the bios activation information and re-associated it with windows activation.

i cannot get ie to work. it goes back to the viral issues that you and i completed.

can you help me with it ?

also i have a different Toshiba LAPTOP THAT HAD A VIRUS IN THE BOOT RECORD. I REMOVED THE VIRUS. IT BOOTED A COUPLE OF TIMES BUT THEN I REMOVED SOME OTHER DRIVERS THAT I WAS GOING TO REINSTALL FROM TOSHIBA. NOW I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE ON BOOT, CAN YOU HELP ME ON THIS OR SHOULD I POST IT. IT COMES DOWN TO NEEDING TO RUN A THIN VERSION OF WINDOWS FROM A BOOTABLE CD LIKE BART PE AND THEN REINSTALLING ALL OF THE TOSHIBA DRIVERS.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
For your other laptop you can open a new topic and we will work on it. What happens with this one that your reinstalled system on?

KennyGordacki

Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2016
internet explorer 11 does not work. there seems to be a file or registry setting that resets ie 11 to the following start page :MSN.com - Hotmail, Outlook, Skype, Bing, Latest News, Photos & Videos

the snaptics touch pad driver was being flagged by kaspersky as having a virus in it so it became corrupted or removed. there seems to be a registry setting that blocks it from being installed. i am havung the same issue with standard ps2 keyboard and ps2 compatible MOUSE. THE mouse issue may have been caused by the removal and install of a razr mamba mouse and driver.

KennyGordacki

Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2016
I was able to edit the registry and get the mouse and keyboard able to install drivers again and working. Touchpad works also. Still having issues with ie 11 not rendering websites and resetting that start page every time.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.