Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
VirusTotal for Desktop, Browsers and Mobile devices - Source for all documentation

VirusTotal Uploader for Windows
You can make this process even easier with the free VirusTotal Uploader utility. After installing it, you can simply right-click any file under 32MB and choose VirusTotal from the Send To Windows menu. The scan results will be displayed in your browser as usual.

VTzilla for Firefox
The scanning options are embedded in Firefox's context menu and download dialog, making the analysis process as easy as clicking a single button.

VTchromizer for Chrome
Unlike VTzilla, VTchromizer does not embed itself in the browser's download dialog, only in the context menu. Google Chrome still does not offer an API to modify the download dialog, having said this, you can still scan any file that you want to download by right-clicking on the link to the file and choosing the Scan with VirusTotal option.

VTexplorer for Internet Explorer
Unlike VTzilla, VTexplorer does not embed itself in the browser's download dialog, only in the context menu. You can still scan any file that you want to download by right-clicking on the link to the file and choosing the Send URL to VirusTotal option.

VirusTotal for Android for mobile devices
Please note that VirusTotal for Android does not provide real-time protection and, so, is no substitute for any antivirus product, just a second opinion regarding your apps.

Added Poll for users.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I mainly use it with Firefox and my Android. Love the plugin. Works well. Have not tried the desktop version though.

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
I use VT Upload Mass by Xylitol (xylibox):
http://www.xylibox.com/2011/08/mass-uploading-on-virustotal-without.html

P

Plexx

ReviewsAntivirus said:
I use VT Upload Mass by Xylitol (xylibox):
http://www.xylibox.com/2011/08/mass-uploading-on-virustotal-without.html

Do you experience any slow uploads when doing it in mass?

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
VT for Android does make a lot more sense now. Google/Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.