Vishal Gupta (AskVG) Guide: Make Windows 11 Faster on Slow or Old Hardware Devices

valvaris

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
Hello @Gandalf_The_Grey

Thank you very much for the nice guide and hyperlinks to the article.

Might as well contribute too something I have been looking for... The Classic Contex Menu. :)

So, I created a Batch Script (.cmd .bat) for the times Windows Updates think they must revert Registry Changes for the Classic Contex Menu. Evaluated this on my Productive Windows 11 computer with success.

Disclaimer: Use at your own risk ;)

Code:
@echo off
TITLE Windows 11 Classic Contex Menu Registry Enabler and Disabler
CHOICE /C YN /M "Select [Y] to Enable Classic Contex Menu or [N] to Disable Classic Contex Menu"
IF %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 2 goto OFF
IF %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 1 goto ON
:ON
cls
reg add HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}\InprocServer32 /f
echo Classic Contex Menu Enabled
pause
exit
:OFF
cls
reg delete HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2} /f
echo Classic Contex Menu Disabled
pause
exit
# Created by Valvaris MalwareTips Community Member

Have fun to all and stay safe

Best regards
Val.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.