Visual Studio 2015 Emulator Question ?

M

MalwareT

Thread author
I use Android Studio to develop apps (just started today) and i want to use Visual Studio as well, but i have a question before i spend my bandwith and 4 hours of installation : Does VS emulator for Windows 10 Mobile works without HyperV ? Yes my processor has VTx feature, but i wanna know does it works without it ? Thanks :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Check if your CPU supports SLAT.

Visit SysInternals to download CoreInfo - How to Check if Your CPU Supports Second Level Address Translation (SLAT)

"Microsoft Emulator for Windows 10 is a desktop application that emulates a mobile device running Windows 10. It provides a virtualized environment in which you can debug and test Windows apps without a physical device. It also provides an isolated environment for your application prototypes."

Your computer must meet the following requirements:
BIOS:
  • Hardware-assisted virtualization.
  • Second Level Address Translation (SLAT).
  • Hardware-based Data Execution Prevention (DEP).
RAM
  • 4 GB or more.
Operating system
  • Windows 10 is strongly recommended (or, Windows 8 or higher)
  • 64-bit
  • Pro edition or higher
MSDN.MICROSOFT.COM - Microsoft Emulator for Windows 10 Mobile - Windows app development

Download for Windows SDK for Windows 10 - Windows 10 SDK - Windows app development

Reactions: MalwareT
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Here's screenshot of it :

2015-09-14_134258.jpg

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You need to use, as instructed by HTG.
coreinfo.exe -v

"If your processors do not support SLAT, you will see a dash ( - ) in the EPT or NP rows"

For example:
upload_2015-9-14_13-4-53.png

M

MalwareT

Thread author
Ok thank you ;) Sorry for double post, i download a lot of stuff right now and internet is slow :rolleyes:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.