Vixo's Config

Vixo

Thread author
Jul 22, 2012
I read umbra's configuration religiously hence the EAM + CIS, I'm comfortable with my setup now but I'm always looking for areas to improve my security.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Welcome to MalwareTips, Vixo. :D

Solid config.
thumbsup.gif

Do you have any backup solution for emergency OS recovery?

Vixo

Thread author
Jul 22, 2012
I keep a list of all my configuration and applications in a txt file scattered everywhere, I don't keep any data so it's easy enough for me to just reinstall.

Vixo

Thread author
Jul 22, 2012
GabiCRX said:
You can add Panda USB Vaccine.

Appguard protects against USB Drives, I will only ever be using my own drives which are only used in my machine anyway so I've never really bothered with dedicated protection there. Nobody has access to my system other than me.

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Very solid config.
I thought you were Umbra's long lost cousin with your set up :)

Vixo

Thread author
Jul 22, 2012
Ha I wish, I really have a lot of respect for all of you here so it's nice having some reassurance over my setup.

P

Plexx

Config looks decent. Don't think umbra is a fan of appguard.

Is your CIS tweaked or stock settings?

Since your security risk is low, I personally don't see the need to run the umbra's infection (I mean combo). But it is never a bad thing having several layers of protection.

Vixo

Thread author
Jul 22, 2012
I really like appguard, I think it's the strongest part of my config until I install something of course.

My CIS is tweaked using Chiron's guide.

D

Deleted member 178

Vixo said:
I really like appguard, I think it's the strongest part of my config until I install something of course.

i wish to add it but it is paid if my memory is good

My CIS is tweaked using Chiron's guide.

i made this guide in case you want improved CIS + EAM compatibility and efficiency : http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Umbrapolaris-Config-CIS-EAM-WSA

BTW, Chiron's Guide is a reference for all new and old CIS users.

Vixo

Thread author
Jul 22, 2012
Appguard is paid yes, out of curiosity is there any other paid software you'd add to your setup if it was free?

Also I do use your guide, thanks for writing it and showing us all how to setup a solid config like yours.

D

Deleted member 178

i am waiting the x64 free release of Exe Radar Pro, i have a license for Zemana Antilogger but it is not fully X64 yet. I don't really need something else now, my config is quite solid. If i Didn't like CIS i will do EAM + Defensewall (if it was x64)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Looks good, but have you got any backup solutions?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Vixo said:
I keep a list of all my configuration and applications in a txt file scattered everywhere, I don't keep any data so it's easy enough for me to just reinstall.

McLovin said:
Looks good, but have you got any backup solutions?

There's only 2 pages, ha.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.