void011's Configuration

void011

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
I've just started learning IT and being in curiosity about Ubuntu.. Could you give me a suggestion of an alternative IDE for Visual Studio (can build & run .sln files would be better :D)?

D

Deleted member 178

For your backup solution i would suggest Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backuppr, both have a good free and reliable solution. ;)

Links.
Best Free Backup Software for Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8, Windows 7, Vista, XP
Macrium Reflect Free

he is on Linux :D

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

Reactions: void011

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Since you are in Linux, therefore no need to worry very much considering of having different OS where attack landscape of threats are minimal so far at current stage.

For revert some changes then you may try Timeshift.

Well other alternatives are more on C++, C and Python. As Eclipse (IDE) are base on Java, so Visual Studio is only exclusive to have that specific programming compiler/IDE.

Reactions: void011

void011

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
Updated, switched to Windows 10 :p Linux distros never like my laptop, always get apps frozen (sometimes overheated) after using 1..2 hours :oops:
Well other alternatives are more on C++, C and Python. As Eclipse (IDE) are base on Java, so Visual Studio is only exclusive to have that specific programming compiler/IDE.
Sad that my teachers require .sln format for homework submissions :rolleyes:

Reactions: frogboy

void011

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
Updated.
ADDED:
  • Firefox x64 (secondary browser)
  • ZenMate VPN (first VPN I've ever tried that generally does not affect on speed much :D)
  • f.lux
  • Remembr
  • Toolwiz Timefreeze
Aww Adguard slows down my connection :oops:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.