• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I am trying Voodoo Shield.

Anyone running it?

Can anyone give me info on "Scan & Allow" Mode?
Is SA Mode only 57 engines scan & alerts for unknown & no anti-executable function?

Reactions: Logethica

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
http://www.voodooshield.com/Download/VoodooShieldUserGuide.pdf

"Scan & Allow mode will remain in SCAN Mode and automatically allow and whitelist any file that is determined to be clean by the 57 engine blacklist scan. If a non-whitelisted process is spawned that is determined to have 1 or more positive detections, VoodooShield will block the item and prompt the user so they can decide whether to allow the item or not. Scan & Allow mode is a great choice for users who want the power and performance of application whitelisting, without the hassle of constantly being bombarded by affirmative user prompts. Gamers and software testers typically use this mode."

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
So you mean every other functions works the same as default "Smart Mode" except files found clean by 57 engines are automatically allowed?

Reactions: Logethica

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
So you mean every other functions works the same as default "Smart Mode" except files found clean by 57 engines are automatically allowed?
That seems to be the case
"automatically allow and whitelist any file that is determined to be clean by the 57 engine"

As for your question if it works the same as smart mode. You can try enabling scan and allow, and see whether it toggles ON and OFF while using a browser.
But based on what I read, it seems like a better mode than training mode. With training mode you have the risk of whitelisting something you don't want. This one at least blocks anything it deems malicious or suspicious.

If you want a better answer, you can try contacting Dan(Voodooshield developer) on Wilders. He is very active there.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I am at Wilders too. And have requested him few info. Forgot to ask this one. Will ask there too.

And on Scan & Allow Mode it remains ON i.e Scan Mode so no need toggle.

Last edited by a moderator:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Dan will accurately answer your questions so I wont step on his toes here, but I think given some time and patience you will grow to love VooDoo Shield, I do and I cant live without it now.
PS Safe Mode is what mine is set for and I don't change it. PeAcE

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Sorry for the delay, I have been away a few days. I'm testing now is a soft which I quite like. My setup is "Scan & Allow" and i think @Azure Phoenix explained it correctly. I'm "playing" to see what setup is best for me, the moment I feel safer with the option outlined

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.