Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Don't disable WhitelistCloud:
Through our WhitelistCloud technology, VoodooShield is the only product in the industry that scans our proprietary tiny, customized whitelist specifically for safe / clean files and automatically creates firewall rules for unknown items. In other words, traditional antivirus scans for malware while WhitelistCloud scans for safe / clean files. As a result, Administrators are continually aware that only safe items are running on the endpoints. With traditional AV engines, Administrators are somewhat certain that malware is not executing on the endpoints, but with WhitelistCloud, they are essentially certain that only safe items are executing at any moment in time.
I would be a good idea to read the VoodooShield User Guide:

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I got I new taskbar icon White Square "WC" "Whitelist Cloud All Safe". So now I have two icons in the acitivityfield/taskbar(?) and one shield/ON on the screen. Isnt that a litle bit of overkill? I saw I can shutdown WC Icon but what info could I miss out on if I do?
I don't have VS installed ATM, but I believe you can disable the icon while leaving enabled the WLC alert for unsafe items. And definitely you should follow @Gandalf_The_Grey's suggestion to read the user guide.

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
So I Manged to install 7.40 and suddenly I got I new taskbar icon White Square "WC" "Whitelist Cloud All Safe". So now I have two icons in the acitivityfield/taskbar(?) and one shield/ON on the screen. Isnt that a litle bit of overkill? I saw I can shutdown WC Icon but what info could I miss out on if I do?
The WLC icon in white is showing that all process running are considered safe, If you see it turn red then investigate. Typical av you assume that if av does not alert then system is safe, while WLC confirms that all running apps are safe. On pc without VS installed you can get stand alone version of WLC for free. Either you like WLC, or not.

Reactions: Zoogin

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Triple Helix emailed @danb :
Hey TH,

How are you? Nothing major in 7.41, just a couple of small bug fixes and optimizations. There was also a bug in the Local Sandbox, but it is fixed now.

Thank you,
Dan

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
My stock-exchange program has several modules that are not signed. These modules are shown as unsafe in the Whitelist Cloud. At VT, they are not considered unsafe. How can I permanently mark these modules as safe in the Whitelist Cloud?

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
With a right click the following window appears. What do I have to click there? The "Element der" button is incomprehensible.
voodooshield.jpg

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
I am not running VS now but if I remember correctly when you right click on a unsafe item in WC a box comes up with an option to whitelist that item. Does "element der" translate to " element of"? If so I've never seen that and have no idea what it means. If your still having issues I may be able to install the seperate Whitecloud list program to verify, may not have time to do today though.

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@Oldie1950 You could change your VS settings to english as a workaround since it seems to be a translation error in german there. (the button "Element der" should be either for white or blacklisting an item (depending if it was safe or unsafe).
@danb There is an error for the german language as Oldie1950 found out. It should be something like "Datei erlauben" or "Datei verbieten" (see his screenshot).
Tldr "Element der" is the right button to allow/deny whitelist cloud items it's just wrong translated

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I am not running VS now but if I remember correctly when you right click on a unsafe item in WC a box comes up with an option to whitelist that item. Does "element der" translate to " element of"? If so I've never seen that and have no idea what it means. If your still having issues I may be able to install the seperate Whitecloud list program to verify, may not have time to do today though.
You are correct that you can manually whitelist app initially scanned as not_safe. VS settings | whitelistcloud | click on not_safe item, it should give you the option to whitelist. (perhaps the German translation needs an update -- it is German, correct?)
Edit: I posted this after reading @Digmor Crusher's post & before I saw the correct solutions.

Reactions: Berny and Oldie1950

Spider1750

Jan 4, 2018
Hello, I have a question about the whitelist cloud.
It always happens to me that the files are left on analyse without anything happening. So far I have always had to import an old whitelist or delete the current one so that Voodoshield does everything again.
Is there a way to somehow remove the files that are set to analyse so that Voodoshield recognises them again?
It would also be great if the files with analyse could still be set to safe manually with a right mouse click, as with the unsafe files.
Also, the load on Voodooshield is then very high, as if it hangs somewhere. Scrolling the whitelistclout list is then hardly possible and if you manage to scroll, Voodoshield automatically jumps back to the beginning of the list.
voodooshield.JPG

Reactions: Moonhorse and Jack

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.