Status
Not open for further replies.

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
and before you tell me both of them are an overkill and too much, I know, I'm just trying SAP out.

I have decided to test SecureAPlus out with my combo.

But I'm getting spammed with VS popups about Conhost trying to open SAP's 7z.exe. I have tried to whitelist it, but didn't help.
I can't use both of them like this, the popups are very frequent in Smart mode.

Anyone tried both at the same time or have a solution for this?

The Whitelisting from User log tab seems to be broken, when I mark an entry to Whitelist, it doesn't appear on the Whitelist tab and it isn't whitelisted.

Running latest 4.24

Bolfds.png

J3rPCg.png

the whitelisting issue seem to only happen with this entry, works with the rest.
im confused

also figured out that conhost with 7z is called when SecureAPlus's Universal AV requests a file upload.

D

Deleted member 65228

Whichever product of the two is not working properly and is behaving buggy, uninstall it and use an alternate.

Alternatively, contact the company of either company and request a bug fix. Give them a reasonable amount of time to process the bug report and release a fix, switch to something else temporarily during that time frame.

If the issue is VoodooShield then contact VoodooShield.
If the issue is SecureAPlus then contact SecureAPlus.

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Whichever product of the two is not working properly and is behaving buggy, uninstall it and use an alternate.

Alternatively, contact the company of either company and request a bug fix. Give them a reasonable amount of time to process the bug report and release a fix, switch to something else temporarily during that time frame.

If the issue is VoodooShield then contact VoodooShield.
If the issue is SecureAPlus then contact SecureAPlus.

I don't see the point to run such an "alien combo" :alien: like this :unsure:

Knowing the features of both tools, it does not surprise me that it will be issues running them at the same time...
well technically it's a Voodooshield bug since whitelisting conhost with this parent process isn't working.
SecureAPlus keeps enabling back the "auto upload samples"

so technically both are bugged :D:D

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Anyone tried both at the same time or have a solution for this?
I like to make inventions, but this had not occurred to me. I think that with the two Programs at the same time, it is almost certain that you will have conflicts,:)

Reactions: harlan4096

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I like to make inventions, but this had not occurred to me. I think that with the two Programs at the same time, it is almost certain that you will have conflicts,:)
they were running just fine, first VS popup then SecureAPlus, this is the only thing happening.
I might have to make a choice if Dan doesn't add this instance to global whitelist, or just get rid of SecureAPlus

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.