New Update VoodooShield CyberLock 7.0

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
You should email Dan to discuss this.
He is less active here, but still active by mail.
Thanks, actually we emailed each other circa mid-Sep. I don't mind paying, just curious if he's ending freebie to beta testers? I think my registration used to say something like expires in 35,000 days, but when I opened it yesterday, it only says ...Trial" (I don't recall if I started using VS v1.nn or early v2.nn) I used to have all the versions, but I think I deleted them, no! I see I have some v3.nn dating back to 2016 on this pc + many of the versions that follow. I'm 100% sure I was using a different pc before 2016.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
FWIW I've been running VS pro 7.36 win10_vm (vmware) and seems fine. I wanted a 2d opinion about something and ran NPE. It found one "threat" voodooshield. curious as I've run NPE in past in both vm and hardware win10, and it never alerted to VS before that i recall. The VS exe file appears uncorrupted and good at VT.
sha256= A902C7C986E17FF7FB1C6161D93F7B272D440CC3821103D5895A3CCD84933F8C

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
I have not enabled WhitelistCloud. Should I?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S. Pardon my ignorance but what is "NPE"?

P.P.S I bought a 2-year license -- at my age, it's quite possibly a lifetime license. 😊
Absolutely enable it, its another layer of protection. What I do after installing VS is enable WCL , turn off the tray icon and set it to scan every 24 hours ( all I need for my usage). Then I open every software on my computer to see if VS blocks it, I allow everything I have installed as I know its safe. Once that is done I go back to Whitecloud list to see if it marks anything as "Unsafe", if so I whitelist it. Thats it.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Thanks @Digmor Crusher for the information. May I ask a question? Namely: in what way is WhitelistCloud (WLC) protective?
It's VS cloud database of apps it knows to be safe. If an app opens on your computer and it is NOT found in the cloud database, then the systray icon turns RED, meaning it might not be safe, needs more investigation. If you determine that it is safe, then you can click it "safe". When its WC icon is white you know all running apps are safe. I have mine set to scan every 5 min, and those scans take maybe 15 sec in the background. If WC turns RED it will tell you what app is causing it.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Curious, I bought a VS 1 year license tonight, I have VS email confirmation and separate paypal confirmation, and when I confirm registration from the app it returns "invalid email address or password." But I recorded the email and pw when I paid. Identical. Then I get an email from VS "if there is an issue registering voodooshield!!!" that puts the burden on me to reset password?? I assume I'm not the only user having a registration problem, (gee there was no problem paying!) based on the 2d line of the email quoted above confirming that I paid and registered. Why does this happen? I don't want to reset my pw, I don't want a temporary pw, I expect and want the pw I used when I paid and which I recorded in my pw manager, or VS should send a registered user a product key. $30 is not a lot of money for a good product, but problems with money and registration should not happen.

EDIT still f ***ing with this. I followed the email instructions to reset the pw, VS then emailed me temp pw, which I copied and pasted into webpage account login per instructions, and I still get "invalid email address or password." Why annoy paying user(s) with this crap? Does not compute.

Last edited:

bellgamin

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
@simmerskool -- I had a similar problem. I sent Dan a support request, via VS's website, & he personally fixed whatever the problem was & sent me a new password.

I then visited VS's website, clicked "Account" and the login worked okay. Once I was into my account, I changed the password & that's the one I now use for "Registration" on VS's GUI. You can also use it on VS's Management Console (get Management Console as follows: right click VS icon in system tray, then left click Management Console on the pop-up menu.

Dan will get it fixed!

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
@simmerskool -- I had a similar problem. I sent Dan a support request, via VS's website, & he personally fixed whatever the problem was & sent me a new password.

I then visited VS's website, clicked "Account" and the login worked okay. Once I was into my account, I changed the password & that's the one I now use for "Registration" on VS's GUI. You can also use it on VS's Management Console (get Management Console as follows: right click VS icon in system tray, then left click Management Console on the pop-up menu.

Dan will get it fixed!
confusing issue! it seems that it was mismosh between email addresses used in distant past, recent past, and currently; and, real machines vs Virtual Machines. Consider the possibilities! The smoke has not fully cleared but VS is now running on real hardware win10. Next time I boot up the VMware win10 I'm expecting an implosion.

EDIT: reading my original post about this 24 hrs later, my wording was much tamer than I was feeling... AND the last of several emails I sent Dan after I discovered the mismosh, reads like a comedy skit from 1940s, like Who's on first, What's on second, I doubt Dan can follow it even if he's looks that my VS account(s) online. I think Dan's system is designed for people with one email address??

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.