App Review Voodooshield Free vs EternalBlue/DoublePulsar/Peddlecheap

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

zoltan from MRG lab said:
The video I sent shows that ETERNALBLUE exploit is successful, it can install the DOUBLEPULSAR backdoor. DOUBLEPULSAR can install the PEDDLECHEAP malware payload. Some functionality of PEDDLECHEAP works, some not. E.g. one cannot start a command shell. But one can steal password hashes as far as I remember. And clearly it can steal information from the system. If the NSA is hacking someone with ETERNALBLUE/DOUBLEPULSAR/PEDDLECHEAP where VS installed, they will come up with a way to shutdown VS easily. I had no time to demonstrate this, but it is possible.[

Same happened when VS was configured for white-list mode.

WannaCry Exploit Could Infect Windows 10

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Yeah, but it is a little more relaxed on what it will allow when on AutoPilot, although it is still quite secure when on AutoPilot.

See, VS uses a special algorithm that compares strings, and if there is a "close enough" match, then VS will auto allow it. It is hard to explain without giving away any trade secrets... but I can tell you, on no uncertain terms, that there is a lot more going on under the hood than anyone would ever expect.

If you put VS on AutoPilot and run the following command line, VS will block it. I reserved this one Rundll32 command line for testing (I did not hardwire this one in ;)).

Rundll32 Shell32.dll,SHHelpShortcuts_RunDLL PrintersFolder

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
See, VS uses a special algorithm that compares strings, and if there is a "close enough" match, then VS will auto allow it. It is hard to explain without giving away any trade secrets... but I can tell you, on no uncertain terms, that there is a lot more going on under the hood than anyone would ever expect.
That's good to know, DeepArmor delves into the "Strings" as well. I often use it in concert with VS.
I am now wondering Dan if I should be running DA with VS or not ?

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
That's good to know, DeepArmor delves into the "Strings" as well. I often use it in concert with VS.
I am now wondering Dan if I should be running DA with VS or not ?
Yeah, and they probably extract the strings from the PE as well, as a feature for their ML/Ai. It is interesting stuff ;).

Sure, if they run great together, I would keep them both. I am not sure how many models they use, but I am guessing probably 3, so you would then have 6 ML/Ai models protecting you... and that is pretty cool!

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Yeah, and they probably extract the strings from the PE as well, as a feature for their ML/Ai. It is interesting stuff ;).

Sure, if they run great together, I would keep them both. I am not sure how many models they use, but I am guessing probably 3, so you would then have 6 ML/Ai models protecting you... and that is pretty cool!
Yeah I haven't noticed any issues at all and I got in early with the DA beta so I have had them side by side for some time now.
Thanks for the input I will leave it "as is" ;)

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Voodooshield Free on "Always On" mode failing to protect data exfiltration (password stolen) from EB-DP-PC

Reactions: Andy Ful

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.