Not open for further replies.

RejZoR

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
I've just briefly tested VoodooShield in VM with some malware and it detected it all. However, for the sake of curiosity, I've tried installing few clean apps and I found something peculiar...

Digital Signatures:
Clearly, VoodooShield doesn't know them all, but I tried installing Auslogics Registry Cleaner and VS warned me about it. Reason? Digital signature was apparently entirely skipped, all 3 internal "heuristics" were almost all the way on the left in green, but there were 3 detections from VT, all of which were PUP or adware. Is Auslogics not on the whitelist or is there another reason for not trusting it despite digital signature being there?

Add ability to ignore PUP/adware:
Noticed there is no PUP/adware control in VS settings. I generally don't like if antiviruses warn me about PUP's with on-access. I do like that for on-demand scans.

Would it be possible to add to VS ability to allow PUP/adware by default by VS reading VT detections and if large majority of them have PUP/adware in the name, if user decided to allow these, to simply not block anything. If stuff can be removed with Programs and Features panel, I see no problem. I do see a problem when I have to make decisions for everything myself and that becomes annoying and time consuming.

Was using AutoPilot mode.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
post deleted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.