Battle Voodooshield or SAP

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
I want to know if one of that programs are good complement I does not have vodooshield licence but have SAP licence ¿What are better? i like SAP the developer always answerme, Vodooshield i dont know. I dont want a second realtime scaner I use emsisoft. Is a good choice use one of this apps?

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Hi is posible to use secureaplus whitout offline antivirus and universal av I only want to use as a whitelist program I dont want it scan my system to do not waste resources. I only want secure a plus tell me when a unknow file try to execute and let me upload to check if it safe. I only want emsisoft (My main av) as my only realtime program.
Yes, you can download it without the offline AV. It gives you the option during the installation. Also you can turn off the cloud-based universal AV.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
I like more Secure a plus than Vodoo, maybe because developer are very kind person and support verywell his product. Ok i download that installer, now can i disable universal av and then that program will be something like vodooshield or novirutsthanks exe radar? A simple antiexe whitout a antivirus scaning one and another time my files?

Reactions: given

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I like more Secure a plus than Vodoo, maybe because developer are very kind person and support verywell his product. Ok i download that installer, now can i disable universal av and then that program will be something like vodooshield or novirutsthanks exe radar? A simple antiexe whitout a antivirus scaning one and another time my files?
Once it's finished doing its initial scan that allows it to build the whitelist of programs on your system you should be able to disable the universal AV.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
You settled for SAP ? Not what my choice would be but I know a ton about VS and a little about the Asian owned SAP.
Let us know how your choice works out ;) PeAcE
Their privacy policy states: By using the SECUREAPLUS SOFTWARE, you acknowledge and agree that SECUREAGE may collect and use the information as described above. You are giving this consent on behalf of all users of all computers where the SECUREAPLUS SOFTWARE will be used under SECUREAGE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT and you accept full responsibility for informing all users and acquiring their fully informed, free and valid consent with processing of their system information by the SECUREAPLUS SOFTWARE as described above.
No chance I will go this route, I will take VS over this crap any day.
Source for Privacy Policy: Privacy Policy | SecureAPlus
Says there they can collect info or data from the initial user, plus "all" users of the system and that your giving consent and its your job to notify the other users lol, wow

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
now can i disable universal av and then that program will be something like vodooshield or novirutsthanks exe radar?
You said it very well: "something like", but not exactly. Protection is stronger in VS and NVT ERP, especially as regards scripts and command line parsing.
On the other hand, SAP is more headache-free. There is less need for user intervention, once you get it set up.

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
I like VoodooShield. It does not appear to have much overlap with other security products, in that it mostly uses an anti-executable, whitelist based approach. The developer refers to it as a computer lock If your computer is clean and your applications are whitelisted, you are pretty much covered.

I leave it on SMART (Default) mode.

This is a great complement to your other signature or behavior based products.

Reactions: given and plat1098

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
I was using Malwarbytes for i't exploit protection but now windows 10 has that too and so I use Windows Defender, Appguard, Voodooshield and Shadow Defender.
Way overkill

Reactions: shmu26
P

pupbuster

Both voodoshield and sap require 24 hours internet connection so that they can scan a malware piece with the cloud engines, but and advantage with sap is that if by suppose internet connectivity is not available, then sap has an offline av option of calm av to scan files which voodoshield does not has. so my vote goes to sap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Both voodoshield and sap require 24 hours internet connection so that they can scan a malware piece with the cloud engines, but and advantage with sap is that if by suppose internet connectivity is not available, then sap has an offline av option of calm av to scan files which voodoshield does not has. so my vote goes to sap.
actually, VS has 3 modules: anti-exe + VoodooAi + VT
if there is no internet, the anti-exe is still fully working. We just lose the last 2 modules so no score, no classification
ClamAV is not good

so VS and SAP are both fine but the anti-exe of VS is much much better than SAP's

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.