Battle Voodooshield or SAP

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
I want to know if one of that programs are good complement I does not have vodooshield licence but have SAP licence ¿What are better? i like SAP the developer always answerme, Vodooshield i dont know. I dont want a second realtime scaner I use emsisoft. Is a good choice use one of this apps?

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
And do you think use that softwares are or cause some overlap whith emsisoft antimalware or shadow defender? I mean they do the same function ?
I use VS alongside Emsisoft and I've not experienced any problems. Both products serve different purposes so I doubt you'll come across any conflicting issues (although adding VS's quarantine folder to Emsisoft's exclusions would probably be a good idea).

As for which is better, I switched from SAP to VS because I know VS has been put through its paces and I'm far more familiar with how it functions.
I've not seen SAP thoroughly tested and thus can't speak for the quality of its default-deny functionality in comparison to VS.
I believe @Evjl's Rain has tested SAP so he may be able to provide some insight.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
They are both excellent
VS = anti-exe + virustotal + voodooAi
SAP = basic anti-exe + virustotal + 12 engines (+ offline ClamAV)

VS is more powerful as an anti-exe and voodooAI which can analyze a file and give you a rating. VT helps to determine its safety. VS is not an AV so it can scan only 1 file on-demand
SAP is more like an online/cloud AV with multiple engines which can scan whatever you want. You can scan the whole computer

VT result is just a snapshot of detection rate at the last time the file is analyzed so the detection may be low for new malwares while SAP can scan the file and gives you the latest detection rate out of 12, but the age of the engines is questionable. SAP can scan a large file while virustotal has file size limit

SAP has slow servers so you may expect slow scanning speed while VS is usually very quick

in general VS is more powerful than SAP but try both of them to see which works better for you
SAP may conflict with some AVs while VS doesn't

SAP will show less popups than VS even in autopilot mode so it's better if you don't like popups

Last edited:

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Evil Rajin Thanks for the aclaration I think vodoo is a good product . Before your explication i think it only popularity and SAP haves an horrible interface. But whit your explain it seems more consistent and i understand better. For me i dont like proucts who scan alongside antirivuses or have realtime protection i think they work bad and never understand how they work. Sometimes all software update nd resources consumtion goes high levels. Do you think talking about layered protection
1 layer NATRouter
2 Windows Firewall
3 Heimdal (I have heimdal)
4 Vodoo
5 Emsisoft AM

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I have used both combo"s you mention,I choose Voodoshield as being the better /with Emsisoft found it to be lighter on my system than adding SAP,Both give great protection,I don't think either is a bad choice.gl

Reactions: given

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Evil Rajin Thanks for the aclaration I think vodoo is a good product . Before your explication i think it only popularity and SAP haves an horrible interface. But whit your explain it seems more consistent and i understand better. For me i dont like proucts who scan alongside antirivuses or have realtime protection i think they work bad and never understand how they work. Sometimes all software update nd resources consumtion goes high levels. Do you think talking about layered protection
1 layer NATRouter
2 Windows Firewall
3 Heimdal (I have heimdal)
4 Vodoo
5 Emsisoft AM
Check if you havent already how much resources Heimdal uses,not very recommend these days,you have a strong defense with out it

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi do you think is better sustitute heimdal for Vodoo ? I think heimdal is a litle innovative but sometimes it uses too much resources and sometimes no

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Hi do you think is better sustitute heimdal for Vodoo ? I think heimdal is a litle innovative but sometimes it uses too much resources and sometimes no
When you have a chance look up Heimdal reviews verses malware,I havent seen a good result yet,it may be a good update tool,but Voodoshield is just way better, that its no contest.gl

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Heimdal and VoodooShield aren't really comparable in any way. They do two completely different things.

Prevention is always better than remediation though and as VoodooShield's function is to stop malware executing on your system in the first place it offers far superior protection.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Sap has better features and it's like AppSamvid but a little buggy and sometimes problematic.
Sap has good clouds while vooodhsield don't also the free version of vs has limits while Sap don't have significant limitations in the free version but I would pick vooodhsield because it's easier to use and has dynamic detection(AI)
Maybee vs and a free av?

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi is posible to use secureaplus whitout offline antivirus and universal av I only want to use as a whitelist program I dont want it scan my system to do not waste resources. I only want secure a plus tell me when a unknow file try to execute and let me upload to check if it safe. I only want emsisoft (My main av) as my only realtime program.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.