Battle VoodooShield or SecureAPlus

Dave Russo

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Is there a way to turn off apex and just use universal scan for detection with unknown files ,seems now apex needs to be turned on to get universal to work ,friggin confusing.
1. Start on the home page,then 2. click on App settings{at the bottom of page},then 3. click Scan settings{left middle second panel down}then in the middle 4. shut off Register as Antivirus. This allows your choice of Av to work with SecureAplus,not sure if this answers your statement but hope it helps

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
1. Start on the home page,then 2. click on App settings{at the bottom of page},then 3. click Scan settings{left middle second panel down}then in the middle 4. shut off Register as Antivirus. This allows your choice of Av to work with SecureAplus,not sure if this answers your statement but hope it helps
Thks but does not work

Dave Russo

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Thks but does not work
Are you using secureAplus as a standalone product? If so [don"t] Use it with at least Windows Defender,then the advice previously given will allow the other {Windows Defender or other to be your first line of defense} and SecureAplus still scans and white lists you computer.This is very strong protection.gl

Last edited:

Dave Russo

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I uninstalled it ,apex was running in the background and seems it is part of Universal antivirus, even if it is not registered it still runs for any warnings to come up under UA. I was using Norton with it.
I understand ,one thing that "worried me" about the Apex engine was when I saw all the Avs that caught or flagged the Robin Hood ransomware Apex was one of very few that said it was clean{maybe changed since Baltimore attack} anyway I also use it with Symantic and still like it gl

Reactions: bribon77

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
This depends on a variety of factors:
1. If you have an AV on your system already - VS
2. No AV - SAP
3. Personal preference
4. What system setup you are looking for
5. How proactive you want your protection to be
6. System performance on Memory & CPU
7. Start up time
8. Tweakability of settings

Many, many others. It's just down to what you really want for your system and what's best for you.

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.