VoodooShield Reports Dashlane as not digitally signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

netology

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 2, 2017
We are receiving alerts from VoodooSheild that Dashlane is digitally unsigned and asking to block or allow and show's TaskKill and the path to the dashlaneplugin.exe
We get this every time we reboot, however, we do see it in the whitelist.
Seems we have to click allow multiple times before Dashlane will launch.
I would have assumed that Dashlane should be digitally signed.

Does this mean that my install of Dashlane is infected?

Thanks!

Dave

Reactions: SHvFl and frogboy

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Dashlane and plugin are digitally signed by Dashlane and Dashlane USA, Inc so go in the installation folder of the program and check the properties of the executables manually. If they are not signed then you have a bad installation, if they are signed then VS is messing up and can't read digital signature.
Now why it's blocked i have no idea because i don't use VS.

netology

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 2, 2017
Dashlane and plugin are digitally signed by Dashlane and Dashlane USA, Inc so go in the installation folder of the program and check the properties of the executables manually. If they are not signed then you have a bad installation, if they are signed then VS is messing up and can't read digital signature.
Now why it's blocked i have no idea because i don't use VS.

Thanks for the advice on the properties of the file, makes good sense - and sure enough, the plugin in question has a corrupt signature of sorts.

Investigating / Thanks for the quick response!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.