Advice Request Voodooshield SRP feature

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Over on COU Dan had mentioned this feature. What do you think?

"One thing I have played around with was having an option for SRP instead of our whitelist snapshot... but I have yet to find an advantage in doing so... but if there is one, please let me know! I think our current approach is much more granular and user-friendly than having an option like that. One thing is for sure, we do not want to add features that will only bloat VS and not offer anything useful or significant, but there are certainly new features we can consider adding."

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Thread author
Honestly, the lock idea is a brilliant thing IMO. Personally I think he should trim it down and offer a basic lock product with few features and almost no false positives. Then have the VS we all know as a corporate product. I'd have a lineup like this;

VLock - A good all around, easy to use, low false positive simple to use computer lock that can run with any security suite as a bonus.
VShield - Corporate focused product. Possibly with a centrally managed portal. (probably required for corporate ecosystem penetration)

I'd ditch the free offering entirely. Offer a 30 day trial on VLock, along with sales/discounts but an entirely paid-only offering. Once everything is solidified and perfected launch a campaign to promote and demonstrate it, attract real investors and make bank.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Over on COU Dan had mentioned this feature. What do you think?

"One thing I have played around with was having an option for SRP instead of our whitelist snapshot... but I have yet to find an advantage in doing so... but if there is one, please let me know! I think our current approach is much more granular and user-friendly than having an option like that. One thing is for sure, we do not want to add features that will only bloat VS and not offer anything useful or significant, but there are certainly new features we can consider adding."
Note that Dan says
1 he sees no advantage to SRP
2 he is against bloat.
That says it all. He is polite enough and gentleman enough to give the idea some air-time, but unless someone comes up with a killer argument in favor, he is not going to do it.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Note that Dan says
1 he sees no advantage to SRP
2 he is against bloat.
That says it all. He is polite enough and gentleman enough to give the idea some air-time, but unless someone comes up with a killer argument in favor, he is not going to do it.
I agree. That is I took it also.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Just out of curiosity, how did the whole idea of SRP as a Voodooshield feature come up? How and why did someone want VS to do that?

Someone on COU wondered if VS was no longer being developed. It came up as an example of things Dan had wondered about, but this was only part of his reply. And yes, he's firmly against bloat and says not much is happening since VS is mature but he's still open to ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.