App Review Voodooshield - Test simulation of potential MBR Malware (bypass)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I am not a paid employee of VS to have to do anything. Users of Vs can report it if they want.
About giving it to him I don't get why it is needed for me to do it. He has the file on his VAi. I am not sending malware to someone just because he is a developer. Regardless, having the sample does nothing as he can find the same principal malware, block VT or change the malware and then do as many tests as he wishes.
I really don't get how I am the bad guy about showing an issue and you are all so upset about it. All software have issues and people should aim for software to improve and not complain each time someone posts something.

User of VS don't have the malware. You do. Why wouldn't you alert Dan when you take the time to alert all of MT? I'm not making you into the bad guy, I'm asking a reasonable question for which you seem not to have a reasonable answer.

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Why wouldn't you alert Dan when you take the time to alert all of MT? I'm not making you into the bad guy, I'm asking a reasonable question for which you seem not to have a reasonable answer.
I told you why. I just don't want to do it and I am not obligated to contact anyone. Feel free to do it.

Reactions: Behold Eck and Mr.X

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
not a fan of vs but this is a VoodooAi and brain.exe bypass, not VS because voodo told you the file is blocked do you want to allow or no?you decided to allow based on AI thingy(your fault)
Go read the first post again and then reply if you have the same opinion. I am not going to reply again but maybe you will get it.

Reactions: Mr.X

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I told you why. I just don't want to do it and I am not obligated to contact anyone. Feel free to do it.

You keep missing the point: You have the malware, not me or most people - certainly not those who do not test. No one could make it any more clear!

I'll take another non-answer as reason to file this thread where these types of thread usually go - in the .... .

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
You keep missing the point: You have the malware, not me or most people - certainly not those who do not test. No one could make it any more clear!

I'll take another non-answer as reason to file this thread where these types of thread usually are - in the .... .
10 million $ at my account and a contract that this will not be used for any criminal activity and it's yours. You really miss the point that each person can do whatever he wishes and it's not obligated to help any developer with sharing malware.
You all seem to be fine with cruelsister and others doing it but no it's VS so no. Don't get you people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.