Battle Vote Antivirus test

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
It is always better to use your experiance with particular product.
I like AV-Compare but Virus bulletin is always good because it stand since long time.But now you have to sign up to see some part of result but you can see archieve which is also good.
http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archive/index
Have a look at this too :
http://usblog.kaspersky.com/antivirus-comparisons/

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
None of them,
They used to be based on Independence but not are based on money and influenced by the AV vendors themselves since they provide most of the revenue to support them.

None of them are reliable.

Thanks. :D

Reactions: Nico@FMA

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
I agree with Little Bits.

It sucks that it has to all come down to whoever is willing to pay the "testing company" the most money will get the number one spot. I personally used to trust these websites. But since joining this forum I have learned that a lot of the are just plain lies. It's better to just test out the products for yourself and judge for yourself since everyone has different opinions and browsing habits.

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
I have no preference, I read them with a grain of salt. They do, however, provide a bit of entertainment value as the fanboys of each product tested go to town with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.