VPN - Bitdefender?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thread author
Hello everyone, What do you think about Bitdefender`s brand new VPN?

Reactions: Weebarra

Omarzwai

Level 1
Verified
Dec 10, 2016
I installed it last days when i update bitdefender internet security and then i uninstalled it because it is limited to just 200 mb/day and i think it is by hotspot shield vpn .Strangely ,when i restored my
system to date before installation of vpn and when i update my bitdefender , the vpn was not included .

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
I've never tested it, but because it is from Bitdefender, I think it's good, a pity that can not be installed separately from the antivirus.

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
I installed it last days when i update bitdefender internet security and then i uninstalled it because it is limited to just 200 mb/day and i think it is by hotspot shield vpn .Strangely ,when i restored my
system to date before installation of vpn and when i update my bitdefender , the vpn was not included .
Beware of the Hotspot Shield: Failure in Hotspot Shield can expose users' location

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
To start with, it does not rely on any third party service, though the main engine is based off of HotSpot Shield's. Since it's part of BitDefender's software, it does not have access to logs, nor the personal browsing history. Still, it does collect information, but basic anonymous data: performance related, issue/crashes related.

It depends entirely on you wether to trust or not a security company that (probably) has ties with numerous governments in order to combat cybercrime to protect your personal information.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
It sounds pretty similar to the one that Kaspersky has, i have only ever managed to make a connection with that once :mad: it has a 300mb limit per day and is powered by Hotspot shield also but you don't get any choice in a location unless you upgrade so if it's is good as that then i won't bother :ROFLMAO:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.