List of current issues
n/a
Steps taken, but unsuccessful?
n/a

Cerberus

Level 4
Question.png

If I am connected to my home internet connection, should my VPN profile setting be set to "Private" or "Public"? If I connect to a public network, do I need to change this setting? Cheers!

RoboMan

Level 26
Content Creator
Verified

If I am connected to my home internet connection, should my VPN profile setting be set to "Private" or "Public"? If I connect to a public network, do I need to change this setting? Cheers!
Despite the answer is pretty obvious I will share with you what I personally do. If I do not wish to print or be connected to anybody in my home network, I always set my home network on PUBLIC. Same applies for public spots. I always use public profile and manually change it to home if needed.

Cerberus

Level 4
Despite the answer is pretty obvious I will share with you what I personally do. If I do not wish to print or be connected to anybody in my home network, I always set my home network on PUBLIC. Same applies for public spots. I always use public profile and manually change it to home if needed.
I set it as public because any Windscribe users can access the server.
I went ahead and left it on Public. I was having issues with the Microsoft Store and one app from the Microsoft store when I had the setting set to "Private". Thanks though!