Advice Request VPN Unlimited

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
This was the first VPN service i purchased, its pure trash. (struggles to connect to any server & it really doesnt hold a connection at all)

i actually refunded a lifetime license. :eek:

I bought a NordVPN license, its much better - although, after 3 months, the 24/7 connection I had, started to drop a few times per day.

I now use PrivateInternetAccess and for the last year, Ive never noticed it disconnect!

NordVPN has the better support, but PIA support is great too.

I cant recommend VPN Unlimited to even my enemies. :LOL:

uduoix

Level 5
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
There are obviously clear risks in forking out money upfront for a lifetime service, only to find out that the VPN shuts down. This could be a real danger with less reputable providers, and could leave you seriously out of pocket. The failed firm could even restart its business under a different name and/or brand, keeping the same network of servers and hardware, and repeat the con trick all over again.
If you do end up with a lifetime subscription from one of these kind of dodgy outfits, you will likely suffer in terms of support, as well. After all, the company already has your cash, and you’ve given up the ability to vote with your wallet after that initial payment.
There is, therefore, no incentive to offer any kind of quality support, or indeed any support at all, with no reason to be responsive to user complaints. The same applies to potential issues with congestion or sluggish connections. Again, any complaints are likely to fall on deaf ears.
As for your privacy, or any guarantees of keeping no logs? Again, those promises may begin to look pretty hollow – the ‘lifetime’ VPN may well be looking to maximize any profits going forward by selling off data to third-parties. Who knows – you may not be any better off than if you had used a free VPN service, and paid nothing at all.
In conclusion, the offer of a lifetime of VPN service is certainly a prospect you should exercise caution around, and the smart buyer may well be tempted to look elsewhere.
In fact, when you take into account the many possible downsides of a lifetime VPN subscription, you may well feel that simply shopping around for a good VPN service with a cheap two- or three-year deal may be the way to go. And as ever, to stay safest, always buy directly from a reputable VPN.

from techradar and i agree 100% And once they have your money they can start throttling speed.

Reactions: Andrew999

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
Check ProtonVPN. Heavy privacy focused VPN based in Switzerland.
its really expensive & isn't more secure than others.

sure, they offer Secure-Core but this is what some others call double-vpn which routes it to 2 different servers in 2 different nations.

They dont all offer this, but Nord do & that is much cheaper.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
"KeepSolid Inc. collects and logs common user statistics and website traffic ", in there Pricacy Policy, no, i would not touch this Provider.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
its really expensive & isn't more secure than others.

sure, they offer Secure-Core but this is what some others call double-vpn which routes it to 2 different servers in 2 different nations.

They dont all offer this, but Nord do & that is much cheaper.

How is free more expensive? But sure, paid plans are more expensive than NordVPN's. Free one works really well and I like their privacy philosophy.

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
How is free more expensive? But sure, paid plans are more expensive than NordVPN's. Free one works really well and I like their privacy philosophy.
Sure, but Free is limited countries, also slower servers & it doesn't even offer my own country for free.

the free doesnt include secure-core (the feature that would make it more secure or as secure as others with double vpn btw)

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I've been using Cyberghost for a long time now and so far they haven't given me any issues.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Sure, but Free is limited countries, also slower servers & it doesn't even offer my own country for free.

the free doesnt include secure-core (the feature that would make it more secure or as secure as others with double vpn btw)

I'm not using my country and it's working great. High speeds as well despite stating it has lower speeds. But whatever people prefer.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Tunnel Bear though a bit cost its very good. Up to mark. Windscribe is also recommendable. I use it
Private Internet Access is damn good. Go for it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I think they meant you have to Pay for Privacy. Read here: What is Secure Core VPN? - ProtonVPN Support
Tunnel Bear though a bit cost its very good. Up to mark. Windscribe is also recommendable. I use it
Some may be put off after McAfee acquired TunnelBear.

At the time everyone just heard about them, I was unable to find the unsubscribe link from their email listings. So do Windscribe still send Weekly or Monthly newsletters, or can you Opt-out indefinitely?

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Wel i cancelled NordVPN, if it is enabled my Office365 and Windows Updates fail to connect to the Microsoft servers. Apparantly MS blocked the Nordvpn servers. Went back to Perfect Privacy, and all is fine again.

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I actually decided to buy Windscribe Pro. Thanks. I do not like the privacy policy of VPN Unlimited that is why I got Windscribe also it seems probably more stable.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. Helped a lot in making me decide. :) I do not trust USA VPN Companies.

Reactions: dinosaur07
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.